This morning I was downloading a free trail of Bit Defender and my computer crased. I rebooth and went in safe mode to do a recover system. After I did that it was working fine until stupidly I try to download the free trail again. Same thing happend. So I went throught the recover process again. Now my system will not booth at all. In Normal Mode it would booth until Microsoft Corporation and never booth. Now it wouldn't booth in Safe Mode either. In safe mode it will list the drivers for a while and then the screen goeas dark. It doesn't ask for passwords and no activity what so ever takes place. What can I do? Please help

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I assume you are running XP, then I would put XP install disk in and boot from that so you reinstall XP. Just be carefull it does not reformat hard disk unless you have backed evrything up.

Actually I'm running Vista upgraded from XO. The computer would not boot in safe mode or anything and I try to rebooth using the Vista Disc but no joy on that. It wouldn't even boot the disc

Sounds like a nasty virus or data corruption to me, but I'm not a software expert. Is safe mode when you hit F8 on startup? Because I know that there's a way to boot to last known good configuration by pressing F8 and selecting the option...

But don't panic anyway, if the worst comes to the worst you can get the data recovered from the HDD and get it fixed at a repair shop, although it may just be cheaper to buy a new one once the data's recovered...

Well because it's not doing anything I have to do a hard shut down and when I do and turn on it will give me the option to work in Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Also Normal mode but it doesn't booth in any of those modes. Where do you recommend to get the data recoverd from the HDD

First off from what you say it is not trying to boot from cd, which is a bios setting.

So switch on and get it to boot into bios settings, usually hit Del key, or F2 key. it will tell you on screen, before windows screen comes up.

Then find setting for boot order and ensure CDROM is first option before hard disk.

Do that and then boot with Vista cd in drive and tell us what happens.

it could be a compleatly different problem maby there is a problem whith the motherboard. Very unlikley but possible

This is a rather old thread, and I think the advise that DenisOxen gave was appropriate.

I seriously doubt it is a motherboard problem.. definitely software related..

yes is said that! IT IS POSSIBLE THOUGH

I can't booth with the Vista CD because apparently all my dirvers except the USB is not boothing. I might have to get a external CD Drive with a USB end and see if it will booth the CD this way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.