>If all of you really wanted to tell me, then why doesn't everyone just
>PM me instead of embarrassing me for absolutely no reason?!?!?!?!
If everything were done through PM then we all might as well just use email and forget about the forum.

So you're basically telling me that the forums are the place to embarrass people?

>This is really immature.
Pot. Kettle. Black. This is by far the most amusing thing you've said, honey.

Well, thanks sweetheart.

>Are mods even allowed to do this?
Mods are members too. Are we not allowed to participate in the community just because we also have an obligation to enforce the rules?

So mods are allowed to call other members b****es because they're special and the rules don't apply to them? =/

>Isn't this called harassment!?
I'd say no unless it spans multiple threads and interrupts your ability to post without being attacked. If you can prove that this is the case, you're welcome to report those involved and the administration will take appropriate action.

I plan on it

>I'm really just about to quit Daniweb altogether. I'm sure all of you
>will be happy if I did that.
Every time I've seen this threat, it's a kid who's trying to pull attention away from something embarrassing and draw a sympathetic response as (ideally) everyone rushes to comfort the person and keep them from leaving. It's a very childish action and never works because everyone can see right through their intentions.

Think what you want. I guess you must be a psychic of some sort and you must know absolutely EVERYTHING about the world as we know it. But I'm sincerely tired of people like you and WolfPack degrading me just to make yourself look good.
Now that, is pathetic.

I think you take replies (and rep) far too personally, so a little time away to collect your thoughts might not be such a bad idea.

Maybe you should quit bashing my thoughts, and then I won't have to 'collect' them.
And to be honest, if you didn't take my replies personally, you wouldn't be posting over and over again either.

Please don't do that, I want you to stay and value your being here. Others obviously feel the same, looking at the comments here.

Let's all just take a deep breath and calm down a little. Life is too short :)

Thank you for the suggestion, but it's just upsetting. I personally don't like being called a b**** from someone who just doesn't like me.

>at a poor attempt to look either cool or intelligent
I'm curious. Can you prove that this is the motivation? Or are you simply reaching for some explanation because you don't understand? I pick apart posts from lots of different people, and I don't do it to look cool or intelligent. I do it because it's more convenient to reply that way. More often than not I'll have a different and independent reply to multiple statements in a post, and I like to be thorough.

Sure.

>maybe i should go make fun of my little cousin so the family thinks i'm cool!!
There's no need. Putting us down by using the defense of christina>you to mask your true intention is exactly the same thing. Welcome to the club. :)

Clarify? =/

What's the point in stopping polluting?
If the whole of the UK stopped polluting all together for a year ~ what we should have polluted, China would have polluted in around 2 weeks!

>So you're basically telling me that the forums are the place to embarrass people?
Well, if it's not public, it's not embarrassing, is it now? ;) But no, I'm saying that this is a public forum. If you post something publicly, you should expect any replies to be public as well. That's how the system works, and that's a huge reason why it's so effective for technical help. You see, even if you get help from someone who's clueless, public discussion means that someone who's not clueless is likely to chime in and correct the mistakes. In the case of general discussion such as this, I was able to stop a known hoax in it's tracks where if it were private (email for instance), it could go on for quite a long time.

The fact that you were embarrassed is irrelevant. You would have been embarrassed no matter how I worded my reply because the end result is that you posted a hoax without realizing it was a hoax and I debunked it.

>So mods are allowed to call other members b****es because they're
>special and the rules don't apply to them? =/
No, mods are bound by the rules just as you are. We don't expect special treatment just as you shouldn't expect us to be pristine examples of Daniweb wonderfulness.

In the case of you being called a bitch, the matter is being discussed among the mods at this very moment.

>I plan on it
Good. Everything works best when everyone works together.

>I guess you must be a psychic of some sort and you must know
>absolutely EVERYTHING about the world as we know it.
No, and the fact that your statement is so ludicrous suggests that you're well aware of it. I simply have plenty of experience, which you seem to have trouble grasping, and I use that experience to come to educated conclusions. My track record is pretty good too.

>And to be honest, if you didn't take my replies personally, you
>wouldn't be posting over and over again either.
Quite the contrary. I don't care about you or what you say. If you leave or stay means nothing to me, especially since you offer no value at all to the forums that mean anything to me. I continue to post because I'm having fun. People who overreact and blow things way out of proportion are fun to play with. And of course, by constantly baiting you, I can keep you here long enough to change your mind about quitting.

>Clarify? =/
Gladly. Duki was trying to safely bash us in exactly the same way he claimed we were bashing you. By safely, I mean he was using you as a shield so that he would appear to be defending a noble cause against people who were "just doing it to be spiteful". It's not a bad tactic, but it takes a cruel and devious mind to come up with it. So I welcomed Duki into the fold of "mean people" that he was trying to attack as an equally cruel and devious method of showing him that he's no different from us. :twisted:

What's the point in stopping polluting?
If the whole of the UK stopped polluting all together for a year ~ what we should have polluted, China would have polluted in around 2 weeks!

Is that above and beyond their normal pollution count?

So, if a one day boycott will do no good, then tell me what to do. How could I help? I can't just stop driving. I'm a distance runner so it would seem I could just simply walk or run or ride a bike to places but I don't really have that choice. It isn't feasible because of my transportation needs so it isn't that I'm too lazy to participate. Besides that I don't really know what I can do. So for now the only thing I'm doing is participating in this boycott until someone gives me a better idea.

>So, if a one day boycott will do no good, then tell me what to do.
Put simply, a boycott won't work. To be successful it would have to be widespread and long term, two things which are unlikely to happen. If you have a car and need to use your car, you have to get gas. It's as simple as that. The only solution is alternative transportation. Minimize your use of fuel as much as possible, or remove it entirely by purchasing a vehicle that uses something other than fossil fuels.

commented: This is for the bad rep I gave you and for me being a dumbie. +9

The fact that you were embarrassed is irrelevant. You would have been embarrassed no matter how I worded my reply because the end result is that you posted a hoax without realizing it was a hoax and I debunked it.

Yeah... I guess I really am gullible.

In the case of you being called a bitch, the matter is being discussed among the mods at this very moment.

Good.

A hoax is designed to fool people, we have all fallen for the things at one time or another so don't feel too bad about it. At least by starting this thread you have helped to spread the word that it is a hoax to a wider audience that might not have known before.

Does it ever happen to anyone else that every once in a while you make a post but then look back and it isn't there?

Does it ever happen to anyone else that every once in a while you make a post but then look back and it isn't there?

I don't believe that's ever happened to me...

Some times that gnome that lives in you mouse arbitrarily will decide to click on what it wants, like the preview rather than the submit choice.

My God...this is the best entertainment that I've had on line in a long time.
I have been rebuked for my attempts to keep members here on topic, but for once it has resulted in sublime ridiculousness.

By the way...anyone want to buy a bridge????

Well it's on topic a little because I made a post that was on topic but it didn't show and that's happened to me once before.

Well, lo and behold, it's May 15th.

Well it's on topic a little because I made a post that was on topic but it didn't show and that's happened to me once before.

Good point. That justifies you for bringing the thread off-topic. I'm glad we all make so much sense here.

There's not really much more to discuss about this topic, so I'll just say this: I never, ever do anything with those emails that say "pass this email to all the people on your contact list". If there's anything dangerous or worthwhile, it'll be on the news in a few hours. Plus, this message didn't even make sense. You're still buying the same amount of gas, from the same companies. You're just delaying the sales by exactly one day.

And yes, the Internet is a jungle. So if you say something, don't expect everyone to agree with what you say, or be nice to you for that matter. Period.

Why does everybody care so much? This is the Geek's Lounge. It's meant to just hang out and relax. If you want to talk about the original post in the thread then make a post about it and others will follow you. It's not that big a deal.

Why does everybody care so much? This is the Geek's Lounge. It's meant to just hang out and relax. If you want to talk about the original post in the thread then make a post about it and others will follow you. It's not that big a deal.

Better yet, why not just make a new thread for the off-topic comment. Then, the stuff relevant to the OP stays in the thread it's supposed to be in...

Okay, I'll get back on topic then. What other ways are there to possibly lower gas prices? Any ideas?

Well, lo and behold, it's May 15th.

There's not really much more to discuss about this topic, so I'll just say this: I never, ever do anything with those emails that say "pass this email to all the people on your contact list". If there's anything dangerous or worthwhile, it'll be on the news in a few hours. Plus, this message didn't even make sense. You're still buying the same amount of gas, from the same companies. You're just delaying the sales by exactly one day.

And yes, the Internet is a jungle. So if you say something, don't expect everyone to agree with what you say, or be nice to you for that matter. Period.

I suppose you're pointing this post towards me, and I understand. I think this situation has already been resolved anyway.

Okay, I'll get back on topic then. What other ways are there to possibly lower gas prices? Any ideas?

Just a thought, don't use as much gasoline? Either that means don't drive as much, or find an alternative. Those are the only options.

I suppose you're pointing this post towards me, and I understand. I think this situation has already been resolved anyway.

I wasn't pointing the latter part of my post at anyone in particular. It's just good to know these things.

Just a thought, don't use as much gasoline? Either that means don't drive as much, or find an alternative. Those are the only options.

Isn't there some kind of new alternative called Ethanol? It's supposed to be included in the Energy Policy Act of 1992 along with biodiesel, electricity, hydrogen, natural gas, and propane.

Never mind, it ain't worth it.

Or get more fuel efficient cars. I'm still amazed at the people that buy gas guzzling SUV's and then complain about gas prices. It's like people think they deserve to waste as much gas as possible but still buy it for .99 a gallon.

Or get more fuel efficient cars. I'm still amazed at the people that buy gas guzzling SUV's and then complain about gas prices. It's like people think they deserve to waste as much gas as possible but still buy it for .99 a gallon.

This is very true.
I'm hoping to get a Honda Civic as my next car. 40 MPG.

Gosh Caleb, way to get everyone to think I'm an idiot! I should've never listened to your email. Ughh why did I post this thread!?!
Now I really am an idiot! ... ='(

well you did tell everyone it was me who brought it to your attention... which is why i said "i guess I stand corrected." :)

I can't wait to get bush out of office. I would be money that the main reason gas prices haven't gone down or we haven't found other fuel sources is because he has his hands in the oil stocks.

Then again, i could just be being ignorant.

well you did tell everyone it was me who brought it to your attention... which is why i said "i guess I stand corrected." :)

Don't be a bench. ;o)
Message me on aim!

This is very true.
I'm hoping to get a Honda Civic as my next car. 40 MPG.

I got a Ford Focus right now ~30mpg. I landed a job really close to home in January. I now drive 2 miles one way to work. With all my driving, I fill up once a month. The current gas prices hardly phase me.

I can't wait to get bush out of office. I would be money that the main reason gas prices haven't gone down or we haven't found other fuel sources is because he has his hands in the oil stocks.

Then again, i could just be being ignorant.

Some of this could have been avoided if we hadn't gone to war.

I got a Ford Focus right now ~30mpg. I landed a job really close to home in January. I now drive 2 miles one way to work. With all my driving, I fill up once a month. The current gas prices hardly phase me.

Good gracious!
That's amazing! :o)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.