my labtop connected with my desktop but both computers can't receive any peckets. It tells me that my connection is very good and if I click on the connection status ( in both computers ) it shows me that packets are being sent but I don't receive any packets . And this problem prohibit me using the network.

I hope to solved it . I'm waiting for your information

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

my labtop connected with my desktop but both computers can't receive any peckets. It tells me that my connection is very good and if I click on the connection status ( in both computers ) it shows me that packets are being sent but I don't receive any packets . And this problem prohibit me using the network.

Are you on a wireless connection or hardwired? If it's wireless, that opens up a whole new can of worms. Make sure hardwired works first.

Are you running through a router, or a direct connection?

My connection is hardwired ( UTP using RJ45 ) and is direct connection between two computer one of them is labtop and the other is desktop.

Make sure:

- Both computers are getting static IP addresses
- The light on the Ethernet card on both computers are on
- That ping works
- No firewall is interfering

My connection is hardwired ( UTP using RJ45 ) and is direct connection between two computer ...

That means you need to be using a CAT5 cable wired in crossover configuration, unless your network cards are auto-sensing. Please verify that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.