So I've reformatted my Hard Drive, and re-installed Windows XP Professional, and well now I don't have any sound ! My sound card is a "C-Media AC97 Audio Device"

It's say this in the "Sounds and Audio Devices Manager" :

This device cannot start.

My Motherboard is a "ASUST eK Computer INC. P4S-LA REV 1 .xx"

I've tried the Windows Troubleshooter, and going to the C-Media website, and downloading their drivers, it has'nt helped.

Can anyone help me ?[Code 10]

My Motherboard is a "ASUST eK Computer INC. P4S-LA REV 1 .xx"

I've tried the Windows Troubleshooter, and going to the C-Media website, and downloading their drivers, it has'nt helped.

Can anyone help me ?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Try taking out your sound card and plugging in back in. Be careful though, not to damage the pins.

Also do you have the correct drivers for your motherboard as well?

Try taking out your sound card and plugging in back in. Be careful though, not to damage the pins.

Also do you have the correct drivers for your motherboard as well?

i think he has an in built sound card. May be there is problems with IRQ?

Ya, I have a built in sound card. I would really like to solve this problem. I don't want to have to buy a new sound card D:

do you have an drivers install cd wich came with you motherboard? have you installed drivers for sonud card from this cd, because newer drivers from their site may be not compatible.

heh, I don't have the cd with the drivers :(

I know, it sucks . . .

I'm going to see if that works :) Thanks for the help, I'll post if it worked or not :D

Now it says that "This device is working properly" in the properties, but I still get no sound, I tried the Windows Troubleshooter, and it says I might not have a Mixer ?

Thanks Guys, I got it to work :D It's really nice having sound, after not having it for a month of two -.-

Have Fun :P

You are welcome! Good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.