Hi,

I am still treading the open source (Linux in particular) waters, and every day when I learn something makes me think how much of an effort must have been made by the non-credit seeking but knowledge minded silent army of programmers all over the world, wo get nothing in return but give away so much to the delight of the open source fans and users. I woule like to know from the members of this very forum, if you have been contributing your coding effort to any particular open source project or planning to do so in near future. What do you say about the feeling when you submit the code? Can you please tell me the names of the applications/project that you have been actively involved with? Thanks a million...

waters, and every day when I learn something makes me think how much of an effort must have been made by the non-credit seeking but knowledge minded silent army of programmers all over the world, wo get nothing in return but give away so much to the delight of the open source fans and users

actually most open source projects the developers are actually paid. Development on the linux kernel is mostly done by novell, redhat, ibm, etc.

I tried to give guy who develops wifi-radar a bug fix, but he never responded.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.