I was wandering if i can get help on how to view the contents of my hidden files. I marked them hidden but now I cant see neither the files nor their contents. Help me please! all my crucial data are in the files.
by the servantking.

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by shouvik.d

I was wandering if i can get help on how to view the contents of my hidden files. I marked them hidden but now I cant see neither the files nor their contents. Help me please! all my crucial data are in the files.
by the servantking.

What version of Windows?

view - folders view -- check the show hidden files/folders :)

In your Menu Bar- Tools -> Folder Options -> View(Tab)-> See below you mite find two radio buttons indicating Do not show hidden files and Show hidden Files. Select the Show hidden files and click on Apply-> Ok. This feature is in Windows 98, XP.. don't know about vista as i haven't used it yet. :icon_cheesygrin:

be it any version of windows you are using open Explorer and Search the file(hoping you must atleast know the file name). You will have options in search to let u search hidden files too. So you must be able to discover your hidden files. Now if u really want to unhide it right click on it and select properties. Uncheck the Hidden checkbox.

On the other hand if you already know the path then go to Start->run. type cmd. Now navigate to the path your file is there. To confirm you can issue the command dir /a. If it is present there then issue this command attrib -h <hidden_file_name>. Remember you need to give the file name along with the extension.

Though workaround for no use but will work irrespective of which version of windows you are using.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.