Machines will overtake humans to become the biggest users of the Internet in a brave new world of electronic sensors, smart homes, and tags that track users' movements and habits, the UN's telecommunications agency predicted.

In a report entitled "Internet of Things", the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051117/tc_afp/unsummititonlineinternetfuture;_ylt=Aqs3B29buJozKO.H9Vei_JkjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Perhaps it is the baby step movement toward "The Matrix" I guess internet is going to face more challenge in privacy and data protection, and technical issues though.

The Matrix may be a great topic theoretically, but practically speaking, I think there are just way too many barriers for it to happen, at least in the near future. For one, Establishing a fast link that stays up 24/7/365 is an issue plaguing us today. Then, making sure the entire populace of earth is hooked up in such a virtual environment? I don't think even the fatest processors, parallel processing will not be able to cope with it. Ofcourse, Quantum Computing could solve these issues, I just think that we'll be able to send people "via fax" before any Matrix like environments come up.

I think there are just way too many barriers for it to happen

Already you can access the internet from your phone soon a wristwatch finally an implant , netbsd os has been installed on a toaster, anything can connect.

The internet is always up, your local connection may be flakey, but in the core of the internet, each router has many choices to route around downed lines.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.