If I were 'God' I would have but one rule to live on Earth. Before you rest in peace, my friend, live in peace

A small stone at a time can build a mountain.

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, why don't we all get wasted and have the time of our lives?

To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.

True happiness can only be gained through concern for others.
Unconcerned egoism cannot bring real happiness.

"It's not how much or how little you have that makes you great or small, but how much or how little you are with what you have."

- Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch

My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher.
Quoted by Socrates

If you owe the bank $100 that's your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem.
(Jean Paul Getty, very apropos)

Peace is a period of cheating between two periods of fighting

Bombing a city for peace is like having sex for virginity. :)

ross

When you see someone recover from kidney failure you know what a blessing it is to be able to urinate. Thank G-d regularly for blessings such as this.

Someone once told me that I can't help everyone... but I was not one who would sit and watch!

The most incomprehensible thing in this universe is everything is comprehensible.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.