My mentor said,"Let's go do it"not "You go do it."
How powerful when someone says,"Lets!"

Depends a little on the country. In the US "let's (let us) do it" means:
If it works, the boss gets the credit.
If it fails, you get the blame.

I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm. ~ Theodore Roosevelt

If the creator had a purpose in equipping us with a neck, he surely meant us to stick it out. ~ Arthur Koestler

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito. ~ Anon

If you're headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns. ~ Anon

The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

“The punishment of wise men who refuse to take part in the government is to live under the government of worse men.” —Plato

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
-- James Madison

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-- Alexis de Tocqueville

Mysuggestion would be to walk away from the 90% who don't and join the 10% who do.

That doesn't make any sense! What are these people doing, smoke what?

Mysuggestion would be to walk away from the 90% who don't and join the 10% who do.

You are going to end up at the airport in a robe, head shaved, and handing out pamphlets if you live by that suggestion empirically... or drinking Kool-Aid with a large group in South America...

You are going to end up at the airport in a robe, head shaved, and handing out pamphlets if you live by that suggestion empirically... or drinking Kool-Aid with a large group in South America...

:)
The airports would be really crowded, if 10% of the people would do that head-shaven-thingy!

:)
The airports would be really crowded, if 10% of the people would do that head-shaven-thingy!

Ugh, yeah that is scary to think about =)

I'm figuring many of them have a long chain of such turning away from the 90% though - so it recursively dwindles to just a few fruitcakes there in the long run.

Two secrets to keep your marriage brimming:
1. Whenever you're wrong, admit it!
2. Whenever you're right, shut up!

Two secrets to keep your marriage brimming:
1. Whenever you're wrong, admit it!
2. Whenever you're right, shut up!

++

A Pessimist sees difficulty in every oppertunity.
An Optimist finds sees oppertunity in every difficulty.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.