Who likes solving riddles? i love those ones in which when you find the correct answer you just feel soo stupid... lol

why don't we try each other with some?

here you go with the first one:

Imagine you are in a room with 3 switches. In an adjacent room there are 3 bulbs (all are off at the moment), each switch belongs to one bulb. It is impossible to see from one room to another. How can you find out which switch belongs to which bulb, if you may enter the room with the bulbs only once?

Geek 8-) commented: riddles are awesome +3

Recommended Answers

All 123 Replies

Switch one light on and off continually until you hear the "pop" of the bulb blowing due to stress.
Switch one of the other ones on.

Go into the room, and observe
- an unlit bulb
- a lit bulb
- a burnt out bulb

Google also works ;)

Have a confederate with a cell phone move the switches while you watch the bulbs and listen to what he did on your cell phone.

How do you get down off an elephant?

The answer he's looking for is probably this:

1. Label the switches A, B, and C.
2. Turn on switch A for about five minutes, then turn it off.
3. Turn on switch B.
4. Go into the other room.

Look at three lights. One of them is on, this belongs to switch B. One of them is off, but will be warm to the touch. This belongs to switch A. The last one, which is cool to the touch, belongs to switch C.

And last I checked, down came off of feathered creatures, not elephants.

If you want to start with riddles, then why not go restart the Riddle Game in the posting games subforum?

Don't enter the room. Look from the hallway.

Lol...

A little girl about 5 is affraid of the monster under her bed. She believes that the monster can not get her while she is in bed or the light is on. Her bed is 4 metres away from her light switch. She manages to turn the light off and jump into bed before it goes dark. How is this possible?

There's a riddle game in the Posting Games forum.

she throws something to turn the light off...

There's a riddle game in the Posting Games forum.

-sigh- i suppose....

-sigh- i suppose....

?

Lol don't worry im just being silly.

lol mmm she tied a string in the switch hahahaha

lol mmm she tied a string in the switch hahahaha

P.S:I aint very good at riddles lol

yeah sorry not the answer although might work on particular sorts of light switches.

ha ha haaaaaa just kiddin i just said its worth a shot like i said earlier I AINT GOOD AT RIDDLES!!!!

Yeah me either

I suck at riddles.

i try to figure them out, but i give up when i realize they are impossible...

ok... try this one...

grab a piece of paper and draw VII = I ...

move one stick to make that statement true (saying VI /= I is not a valid answer... duh!)

Its either a dimmer switch or its one of those ones that takes a few seconds to go completely off

and oh is it roman numerals?

VII = I
(8 = 1)

IV = II
(4 = 2)

maybe?

1.- no, they're not... they are just like any other common switches... those cheap ones... and the light bulbs are the common ones too...

2.- yes... they're roman numerals, and VII is 7 not 8...

i don't know how good are you at math, but 4 != 2

try drawing it... that way it might be easier...

lol i suck at maths i managed to just about scrape through the lowest tier of high school stuff and left it there

Its either a dimmer switch or its one of those ones that takes a few seconds to go completely off

A dimmer switch still works straight away as you turn it down. However she did turn the lights off. You gonna feel so silly once you find out the answer:P

She had a torch?

nope. Just her jumping into bed before it gets dark. She does not use anything and its a normal light switch

the light switch is right beside her bed...

Goes to sleep while still light outside, I'd bet.

tells her mommy to turn off the light for her...

1. What part of a car travels farther than any other part?

2. How do you get down off an elephant?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.