thank you,
I'll keep that in mind when I update my long term goals.
PS. as I m using guru.com and not happy/ is it OK to adv for a web master or other through postings or only thru the google ads I see?
as a moderator I guess you would know?
ray

that always happens in history. Crusades anyone?

Crusades have come and gone, except maybe the Iraq war will last another 95 years, but with the introduction of more and more powerful weaponry, there could very well be a final crusade in our life time.

As you most likely know, the reborn Christians belief in a gigantic bloodbath in the Middle East with everybody but themselves going to hell. It's in the Bible! Any questions, ask Jimmy Carter.

except maybe the Iraq war will last another 95 years

True. When we invaded we prepared for an 5 year war, which means it should be ending this year, lol good lick with that

Iraq will probably be like n.ireland, 100 years of sectarian violence

with everybody but themselves going to hell. It's in the Bible!

Where?

thank you,
I'll keep that in mind when I update my long term goals.
PS. as I m using guru.com and not happy/ is it OK to adv for a web master or other through postings or only thru the google ads I see?
as a moderator I guess you would know?
ray

Do you mean these boards?

Where?

All over the new testiment.

All over the new testiment.

Come on, AD - give it up! We want a hint - I think the standard is book - chapter - line(s) (zeke 12: 13-69).

Come on, AD - give it up! We want a hint - I think the standard is book - chapter - line(s) (zeke 12: 13-69).

I'm not turning this thread into a religious discussion. Read the new testiment yourself if you really want to know.

Apocalypse 16:13-16
13 And I saw from the mouth of the dragon, and from the mouth of the beast, and from the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs.
14 For they are the spirits of devils working signs, and they go forth unto the kings of the whole earth, to gather them to battle against the great day of the Almighty God.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he shall gather them together into a place, which in Hebrew is called Armagedon.

Educate yourself further at:
http://www.theworkofgod.org/armagedn.htm

If in doubt, contact former President of the US Jimmy Carter.

OMG Is this like religious month or something. It seemd like every forum I read has religious views in it lately. Give it a rest.
.............Then I realize, I just said Oh my god but hes not my god for my god is none. I am the godless man who cares for all and not himself.

mmmmwwwwwaaaahhahahahahaha

If you were a file I'd hit delete.

:) I like it. I think I might use that one.

Edit: nevermind... not even worth getting into...

Still the Sun will engulf the planet when its outer shell expands to such a point where the earth and the moon will get annihilated too. i don't know what steven woodman is on, but i would avoid it.
I love that phrase scru may i quote it in my signature?! It is epic. :D

Very nice quotation indeed!

For the folks who believe that there is no God, please tolerate those of us that need God in our life. A simple request.

We are being tolerant. If you are referring to the edited Ezzaral post, before he edited it, then that was not intolerance. If you are referring to Steve's post then there was not intolerance there either.

Very nice quotation indeed!

For the folks who believe that there is no God, please tolerate those of us that need God in our life. A simple request.

Conversely, please accept that some of us do not. Our simple request is that need be kept as a personal matter and out of our schools, laws, government, and international dealings. Simple enough from our point of view anyway, obviously not so for the majority.

OMG.. I stated my intake on the subject..2012, the End of the World? And.. lmao.. everyone got their panties in a wod.. Pick me apart like buzzards. I don't care.. lol

OMG.. I stated my intake on the subject..2012, the End of the World? And.. lmao.. everyone got their panties in a wod.. Pick me apart like buzzards. I don't care.. lol

You give yourself too much credit.

@Yada:
Notice the question mark at the end of the title? The end of the world, as we humans know it, can now be caused by the humans themselves. Before that we had to rely entirely on Mother Nature and her natural disasters.

It would probably take several hundred megaton nuclear bombs, or one cobalt laced dirty explosion.

Conversely, please accept that some of us do not. Our simple request is that need be kept as a personal matter and out of our schools, laws, government, and international dealings. Simple enough from our point of view anyway, obviously not so for the majority.

Amen to that! For those of you who believe in God, in God's view we might just be an experiment gone wrong. There might only be one God, but many more experiments with mankind. Maybe some of them might be just a bit more perfect.

Sneek, you missed the point (and so did AD), he made a claim - I just wanted him to back up the claim. Your quote does not back up his statement. The claim was roughly 'non-xtians are doomed - it all over the bible'. I just wanted him to support his argument; I am certainly not interested in doing his research for him (or for you for that matter).

[edit]OMG I just noticed that I edited your post instead of quoting it. My deapest apologies for my error -- AD [/edit]

Sneek, you missed the point (and so did AD), he made a claim - I just wanted him to back up the claim. Your quote does not back up his statement. The claim was roughly 'non-xtians are doomed - it all over the bible'. I just wanted him to support his argument; I am certainly not interested in doing his research for him (or for you for that matter).

[edit]OMG I just noticed that I edited your post instead of quoting it. My deapest apologies for my error -- AD [/edit]

I already told you that I have no intention of turning this thread into any type of religious war. I'll say it again -- You want a quote: just ONE is John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

There are similar claims all over the New Testiment. Also note that this only applies to people born after Christ was born and who are aware of his teachings. That means everyone born in BC, all children under certain age, and people who never heard of Christ are exempt. So the contention that everyone is doomed is not correct.

I already told you that I have no intention of turning this thread into any type of religious war. I'll say it again -- You want a quote: just ONE is John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

There are similar claims all over the New Testiment

<<Heh, heh - we won't discuss the edit>> thanks, that's all I wanted (though in truth your quote only states that believers will not perish - it does not say non-believers will perish; am I being difficult?). I don't want this to be a religious war either.

C'mon, everyone knows it's turtles all the way down.

A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down!"

>> it does not say non-believers will perish
True -- and I think its because their status is ambiguous as far as we are concerned.

C'mon, everyone knows it's turtles all the way down.

See the turtle of enormous girth
on his shell he hold the earth
his thought is slow but always kind
he holds us all within his mind
on his back all vows are made
he sees the truth but mayn't aid
he loves the earth and loves sea
he even loves a child like me

---From the greatest story ever. The Dark Tower. I recited that from memory so if there are any mistakes my apologies.

This does not say anything about the "righteous" being taken up to heaven and the rest will perish in some (un)natural disaster. It is nowhere in the Christian Bible that I know of. The idea itself is full of flaws. One is that heaven, if it does indeed exist (and we don't know if it does or not), is the way that it is because that is the kind of "place" that the angels have made it. To suck a bunch of us mere mortals up all at once would pollute heaven into something much lower, by definition. So it wouldn't be heaven any more. (I know, all it takes is a miracle).

And in the above quote, what does "believes in him" mean. Who is "him". It could be God. It could be Jesus. If could be your own inner soul. Also, there is no time frame. It would make sense, that after another million years of human evolution, the few degenerates that are left would perish. Those would be the people who call themselves "Christian" yet hope for the destruction of others, some of whom are Christian, some not. This is not a good quality for any "human" being to have, let alone a Christian. It goes against everything that Jesus said and stood for. "For God so loved the world". Not a subset with a particular set of beliefs.

There is too much brutality and suffering on this earth to imagine a "Loving God" looking down on this mess, and not helping to straighten things out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.