Hello I have 2 SEO questions I hope the moderators and seo experts can give

1) I was told that if a site has lots of pages indexed by google beginning with keyword and then following by unique content, they look at the site as more of an authority site
Example, if my keyword with apples, my title page would say “Apples: We sell the best green apples” and another page starting with Apples: but different phrase to follow…

So if a site has 100 or 500 pages… all with using their best keyword, does that help them rank for that keyword in Search engines? Obviously they’ll have to have a good page on their keyword, but these other 100’s of pages I view as “supporting” pages and just another page to become an authority website in googles eyes. And on each of these pages it would link to the MAIN keyword page.

I would like opinions on this strategy

2) Is there anything harmful with creating 100 blogs on blogger, each blog focusing on separate keyword and at end of each article link back to my MAIN website for that keyword. Example: say the blog is all about “red apples”, at end of each post I would have 1 line with anchor text keyword using phrase “red apples” pointing to my inner page all about red apples to my MAIN website. And I would do same for each of blogs and all would have unique content.
Would this get me banned? If so why? Companies all the time have blogs on different domains and they always reference their own company at end

Thanks for feedback

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

1. Theoretically yes, provided there is little duplication. Create unique Titles for each page.

2. Theoretically yes, but keep the content of each blog posting as unique as possible and don't create them all in a day.

The object is to grow at a steady pace.

With regards to having the keyword as the first part of the title than at the end, It is certainly a good search engine optimisation strategy to do so. It is well known techniques of effecttive search engine optimisation to place keywords earlier in the text. This includes title as as well the main body. As far as Google treating this for authority I cannot be sure.

With regards to having 100 blogs on blogger or another provider; there is no harm in doing so. Any links form them to your other sites will certainly count as back links so it can add some value to your search engine marketing campaigns. As far as quality of the blogs go I think it will be next to impossible to ensure that all of them are search engine optimized and that you are abl;e to add quality content to each blog periodically. Remember that duplicate content will end up in getting the blogs penalized so you will need to be careful that each blog has unique content. Web designers and web design companies do maintian multiple blogs to aid their search engine marketing campaigns however they are usually only a few and not 100.

2) It is very harmful, it can get your website de indexed.

It will definitely beneficial for you site. but do it ethically the content should not be match with each other.

1) The index page should be built carefully using the proper dose of keywords in the meta tags. Keywords should also form a part of the content and meta tags of the sub-pages. 2 way cross linking between the index and the sub pages will help easy navigation for your visitors. Say, if you are a web design company, you can use the words web design, website designing, web design services etc as keywords.
2)Rather than creating 100 blogs on blogger, it pays to have a blog of your own (linked to your web site) where you can put up fresh, relevant and interesting content. Take time to create the content for blogs. Rather than putting up a dozen sub standard blog posts a day, it pays to have a single post of good quality.

1) The index page should be built carefully using the proper dose of keywords in the meta tags. Keywords should also form a part of the content and meta tags of the sub-pages. 2 way cross linking between the index and the sub pages will help easy navigation for your visitors. Say, if you are a web design company, you can use the words web design, website designing, web design services etc as keywords.
2)Rather than creating 100 blogs on blogger, it pays to have a blog of your own (linked to your web site) where you can put up fresh, relevant and interesting content. Take time to create the content for blogs. Rather than putting up a dozen sub standard blog posts a day, it pays to have a single post of good quality.

I agree with WebDesignExpert. Spending the time posting to a hundred blogs might be better invested in producing quality content on one or two blogs and marketing your small group of websites.

creating multiple blogs to target is not that harmful just be sure that they have unique content and the scope for each blog is unique

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.