I have come across some companies that will sell you x number of related links to use on your web site. This sounds like a good idea to get listed on Google, but is it really a good idea? What are some creative ways to get people to link to your site and to link to other's sites? Thanks for the help!

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

I have come across some companies that will sell you x number of related links to use on your web site. This sounds like a good idea to get listed on Google, but is it really a good idea? What are some creative ways to get people to link to your site and to link to other's sites? Thanks for the help!

This is a good deal when you don't have the time to bulid links on your own or the price seems alright. Also if the links are relevant and theme based on your site.. You should go for it...

Well it is always your own decision.. :)

As for ways to secure links, make your site useful to the visitors, so that they would like to come back again and again for more.

Also the content of the website should be informative and updated regularly...

Even websites complementing your site's services/products would approcah you for links.

Make your website a magnet and webmasters would approach for link exchange request. :mrgreen:

Theres quite a lot of links available on auction at << DigitalPoint url snipped >>

You can sometimes get some great bargains there on a great range of different categories.

yeah DP Is a great market for links

I think I recognise your name from over there :)

I always seem to bump into familiar faces on all the forums I sign up to. hehe

Nice to see that , everyone knows me :lol:

hehe :)

Have you just joined Dani recently as well?

i signed up two months ago but didnt use it before

You were waiting for me to come along and post weren't you? :)

I've got an auction finishing in 30 minutes for a PR4 sitewide 270+ pages indexed and the highest bid is $7 would you believe!! I think there's too many people selling at the moment because it's nearly Christmas.

I was thinking about selling a few << url snipped >> sitewide links but I reckon I'll just wait till Christmas has passed.

Really Unbeleivable

And the auction just finished with this highest bidder on $7 lol Man that sucks!

Probably the most effective way of getting links is to write articles with a resource box at the end in which you'll include your keywords/name/links/anchor text etc. Submit these articles to directories where they'll be picked up and used on other sites. In doing so only your link will exist on the page and so giving your link a heavy weighting in comparison your link on a page with 50 others...!

Probably the most effective way of getting links is to write articles with a resource box at the end in which you'll include your keywords/name/links/anchor text etc. Submit these articles to directories where they'll be picked up and used on other sites. In doing so only your link will exist on the page and so giving your link a heavy weighting in comparison your link on a page with 50 others...!

That is so weird that you just replied to this thread at this exact moment. I haven't sold any links for about 6 weeks and I put 2 links up for sale 2 minutes before I got an email saying someone had replied to the companies selling links thread.

Maybe it's a sign. :)

The 2 links I'm selling at the moment are sitewides for

<< snip >> PR3
and
<< snip >> PR4

I'm willing to paste any articles into my blog as long as they are family friendly as well.

I think that since the Jagger update there could be more link sales as it seems that Google have seriously handicapped those sites that have many recipricol links.

Weirrrd! ha ha ha

If you want to do things quickly then you gotta buy or convince a relevant site to give you a one way link cos too many recips aint hot right now...

good luck with the sales..!

i agree!

I'm actually building a sort of triangular link network where you donate a page on your website and get hundreds of links back in exchange for the ones you give out. The beauty of it is you don't link to someone elses site who is linking back to you.

Hi, I use

http://www.linkmarket.net/

You get links for free, register, after exchange by only: cut and paste. Easy to use and you don't spend so much time.

You can pay linkmarket and get 100's links in short time. But I don't do that.

Didier from the funny website:
<snip>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.