I know these are not on schedule.. but when do you think is the next update... has not been one for quite some time...

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

According to Googleguy, G now updates toolbar PR roughly every quarter. Note that toolbar PR is often completely different than actual PR. According to the founder of Teoma and Ask Jeeves engineer - Apostolos Gerasoulis, G has abandoned the use of PR altogether. See http://www.webrankinfo.com/english/seo-news/topic-1290.htm

I know these are not on schedule.. but when do you think is the next update... has not been one for quite some time...

I think in 2-3 weeks time as i understand that Google has recently done some major changes in his listing criterias also which has created some major shuffle in the listings. :idea:

What does Ask Jeeves have to do with Google? Why would anyone there have any information that we don't?

I was asking the same question.. because to me the competition will discredit the threats as much as possible..

I know silly rabbits who purchase domains PURELY on PR and not on quality of traffic.

I was simply asking because I have been building up quite a bit... went from 4M+ in alexa to 468K in about a month ...

Not anything to jump up and down about.. but shows steady growth....

I was simply asking because I have been building up quite a bit... went from 4M+ in alexa to 468K in about a month ...

Not anything to jump up and down about.. but shows steady growth....

It doesn't.

Simply visit your own site with an elexa-enabled-toolbar and you can get your site down to about 100-150K on your own

I guess its safe to assume that Alexa's rating doesn't mean JACK then?

Pretty much... with about 10 people we got my friends site in the 25k zone.

I wonder why so many people still put a lot of emphasis on Google Pagerank and their Alexa rating? Are there any actual uses for it?

The mian reason in my opinion is for advertisers to sell at higher rates... so boosted rank means inflated prices for advertising...

IMO, PR and alexa rankings are thrown around alot b/c besides actual serp rankings it's the only tangible evidence we have. And, as we all know neither are a good indicator especially the Alexa ranking.

In my honest opinion the real stats are the stats you really do not want to share.

Conversion ratios & sales figures...

I don't crae if I get 10 visitors to a specific site.. if 5 of them buy then that site is a success

Qaulity over Quantity...

I would se most probably next few weeks. It has been more than 3 months since my last PR update. I am very excited to see the update.

My site's PR was last updated in March. I think its time for google to update it again. May be it might have already been updated but the PR might have remained the same. Why don't google update the PR regularly say for every 15-29 days. 100 days is a long frustrating time time. Don't you agree?

My site's PR was last updated in March. I think its time for google to update it again. May be it might have already been updated but the PR might have remained the same. Why don't google update the PR regularly say for every 15-29 days. 100 days is a long frustrating time time. Don't you agree?

I wont agree. If you take Alexa ranking it updates every week. Initially I was interested in it and now no more thrill in it. since google updates every 100 days u have the thrill to enjoy and also have time to adjust your website to get high PR.

Hi,

The PR update is going on now :)

Does Page Rank really matters for better position in serp. I doubt this theory. Can anybody explain it.

I think Google should abandond the PR toolbar altogether because it causes me a lot of stress :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.