In SEO, we have to know two things are very important. The first one is open directories project (ODP), which is dmoz.com. The idea of open directories is to submit your site to other big web hosts' directories in order to increase the listed frequency from the searching results by search engine. The second important concept is crawler-based system. Crawler sometimes is also called spider or robot, which is a smart collecting program from search engine to gather many information from web sites in the Internet. After collecting, crawler (spider or robot) will return to search engine and update the new information to the index of search engine's database. Then, search engine's searching algorithm can find out your site in its indexed database based on certain keywords.
Extra concept of improving SEO can be "link", linking farms, whcih is to make as many friend-links to your site as possible to convince search engine (or crawler programs) that your site is highly associated with other sites. Then, it is possible to increase the listed frequency of your site. Another concept such as cloaking, which is the technique of making the deference of looking to human and crawlers. It is usually used on Flash-made web pages and doorway pages.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Ummmm... I don't want to get into the whole post, but there's a BIG diference between link farms and quality link exchanges. For now let's just say "link farms" are bad. Quality, relevant link exchanges are good. Cloaking can be successful but if you're caught your site will usually be removed from the index.

Thank you. I agree to what you said. Good point.

Ummmm... I don't want to get into the whole post, but there's a BIG diference between link farms and quality link exchanges. For now let's just say "link farms" are bad. Quality, relevant link exchanges are good. Cloaking can be successful but if you're caught your site will usually be removed from the index.

Hi there,

You need to be very careful when talking about link farms and cloaking pages as these are now considered black hat SEO - which sounds cool, but isn't a good thing.

Check out the e-book in my signature which covers this in depth

Thanks

Thank you, buddy. I got the E-book, SEO-MadeEasy_b.pdf from your signature. Your point is great.

Good day, buddy :cheesy:

Hi there,

You need to be very careful when talking about link farms and cloaking pages as these are now considered black hat SEO - which sounds cool, but isn't a good thing.

Check out the e-book in my signature which covers this in depth

Thanks

bump :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.