The number of pageviews to my site has been constant for quite some time. (Or rather, steadily increasing day by day). For some reason, the number of pageviews to my site doubled today! According to my referral stats, the same number of people come in through other sites as always. Just twice the number of people came in through bookmarks or manually typing the URL. Are there any explanations for this behaviour? I've gone from 3,000 pageviews to 6,000 pageviews in a single day!

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

yes you have hit what they call (light speed)

I'm definitely not complaining!! :) Just strange that the # of visitors doubled today! Let's see what tomorrow brings I guess ...

I hope everyone enjoys TechTalkForums! :) And if you have a site of your own, it would be great if you could link to us to help us out.

Im smell deticated servers(plural)

Maybe next month ;) All depends on how much revenue Google ads earn me.

some snowballing action here

The number of pageviews to my site has been constant for quite some time. (Or rather, steadily increasing day by day). For some reason, the number of pageviews to my site doubled today! ...I've gone from 3,000 pageviews to 6,000 pageviews in a single day!

I Googled Internet Explorer slow the other day, and the first two hits were to a thread here. I think it's a snowball/ripple effect. PageRank has your number, it would appear.

Two things. First, big b, you replied in this thread about being unable to copy/paste in TTF? I moved your post to our comments forum.

Second of all ..... my google rankings have been slipping a bit lately. I'm trying to stay on top of it all though! But, yeah, we're #1 for a few prime keywords. :)

Nice I noticed a lot more traffic through your site when I left lol. Sorry Dani I was on vacation for lets say a year. What is was my hands were killing me I was too lazy to type now that I am at work it's all the better. Thanks for having me back and lets hope the site gets so huge we wont be able to find each other posts. hahaha

Good Work!

Biggest forum that I've seen, for web dev anyways, is still Sitepoint's. 165,688 posts in the PHP section alone. Damn, now that's a lot.

I know I sent you to SitePoint once - did I introduce you to them?

I don't remember. I've known them for a long time though. Oh well. :)

are we talking about Hits or Visitors?

My understanding is that pageviews is the number of times a webpage has been loaded by a browser (including reloads). Hits is all pageviews in addition to hits to images. For example, if a browser calls up one page with 5 graphics, it counts as 6 hits (5 images + HTML).

Unique visitors are the number of different IPs that reach the site. If one IP visits 2 different pages, it's one visit but two pageviews. :)

This thread was started awhile ago when I was getting - as it says - 3,000 to 6,000 pageviews per day. I'm not sure how many individual IPs that is. Nowadays we get about 12,000 pageviews per day. :) Unfortunately I'm currently fighting with two different log analyzers and one stats program to figure out how many unique IPs that is.

Maybe next month ;) All depends on how much revenue Google ads earn me.

Maybe just an organic searching from users?

I know this is a dead thread by now but rereading it after all this time has brought back some memories. 3,000 visitors per day. 10,000 visitors per day ... we're more than 10X that now! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.