Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by BamaStangGuy

Hay !!!
Why you want to use 302 redirect, IMO it is treated as temporary redirect and spiders don't like such temp things...:sad:

Hay !!!
Why you want to use 302 redirect, IMO it is treated as temporary redirect and spiders don't like such temp things...:sad:

because I only wanted a temporary redirect.

Bama,
I hopr you must be aware of such temporary redirect won’t help you such pages are ignore by spiders, worst can happen; your site may get ban if you want you may prevent such temporary pages by crawling using robots.txt.
It’s just my opinion, :)I don’t know what are looking in such temporary redirects.

Bama,
I hopr you must be aware of such temporary redirect won’t help you such pages are ignore by spiders, worst can happen; your site may get ban if you want you may prevent such temporary pages by crawling using robots.txt.
It’s just my opinion, :)I don’t know what are looking in such temporary redirects.

I used a 302 redirect to redirect a page that was being hit by digg.com to a static version of the same page so it didn't query my database.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.