I need to setup a 302 redirect to a static page on my forum. Example forum/t25030 to domain.com/staticpage.htm

How do I go about this?

Not working when I put it here:

RewriteRule ^forum/t25030 http://www.domain.com/me.htm [L,R=302]

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Try putting a $ at the end of the t25030

Negative. Still just goes to the original thread

You have them switched :) Old URL goes on the right.

Hay !!!
Why you want to use 302 redirect, IMO it is treated as temporary redirect and spiders don't like such temp things...:sad:

301 = Redirect Permanent

Hay !!!
Why you want to use 302 redirect, IMO it is treated as temporary redirect and spiders don't like such temp things...:sad:

because I only wanted a temporary redirect.

Bama,
I hopr you must be aware of such temporary redirect won’t help you such pages are ignore by spiders, worst can happen; your site may get ban if you want you may prevent such temporary pages by crawling using robots.txt.
It’s just my opinion, :)I don’t know what are looking in such temporary redirects.

Bama,
I hopr you must be aware of such temporary redirect won’t help you such pages are ignore by spiders, worst can happen; your site may get ban if you want you may prevent such temporary pages by crawling using robots.txt.
It’s just my opinion, :)I don’t know what are looking in such temporary redirects.

I used a 302 redirect to redirect a page that was being hit by digg.com to a static version of the same page so it didn't query my database.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.