The Coverage section of Google Search Console shows 206K valid URLs, of which 174K are submitted and indexed, nearly all of which are Q&A pages. The remaining 32K are indexed, but not submitted in sitemap.

However, the Core Web Vitals section only shows data on 28K URLs. In the Enhancements section, it says there are only 27K valid Q&A items.

What happened to the other 150K URLs?

I got my answer!

The Core Web Vitals, as well as the Enhancements section, are both based on CruX (Chrome User Experience Report), which is essentially a live sampling from actual Google Chrome users.

Although we have hundreds of thousands of pages of content accumulated over the past 20 decades, only 35K URLs on my site have been accessed over the past 7 days. (That number jumps up to 73K over the past 30 days, but it looks as if Google Search Console is pretty in line with data from just the past 7 days.)

commented: GSC is a sampler - and as you nopticed it looks at very recent numbers - do a site: to see how many pages in the index +4

To my understanding, Core Web Vitals are a group of three indicators(LCD, FID, and CLS) created to gauge whether a website feels quick or slow to visitors and whether this results in a positive user experience.

To fully benefit from any ranking gain, websites must fall under the green limits for all three vitals. When it’s metric's values go outside the acceptable range, it may affect how two pages rank for user experience. So, I must say Core Web Vitals is a lot more than showing us a sampling of URLs.

Thank you for your reply, odeskavita, but that's completely unrelated to the question I asked. As it turns out, I had figured it out for myself already (see my post above).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.