I just wanted to start a conversation about 3 way linking. I was told that 3 way linking is not as effective as it once used to be. I am sure thats the case however is it still used alot? Do people out there still accept it? Especially if its from a good, high PR 3rd party site?
Thanks for any and all info.

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

3 way links - if the website (means 2nd website link to whome you wanna link with) is relevant to the webmaster website.

It couldn't give any harm...

I mean to say that relevancy is most important thing in linking.... whether its reciprocal or 3 way.

Right relevant site content is important in 3 way link because if the site that you want to deal with 3-way
link it is not related your site, it looks like a link farm.

3 way linking means your two website linking to your linkexchange site and only one of your two website is linked to his....

Right relevant site content is important in 3 way link because if the site that you want to deal with 3-way
link it is not related your site, it looks like a link farm.

I would make only a small but very important adjustment here.

It will look better if you term it as "relevant page content" rather than "relevant site content". Check for yourself Dani web has nothing to do with 3 Way Linking then why are search engines showing this thread so high up on the results page.

"Relevant page content" and "number of out going links" from that page is what is more important than site content.

Now a days 3 ways has become pretty fishy thing for SEO scenario.... Its mainly depends upon the quality and relevancy of the sites. Most of the time you won't get two (quality and relevancy) all together. If anyone is less then it'll become a danger for your own site. So you have to be super choosy :-/ in the case of 3 ways. Better to avoid it except exceptionals.:)

Please suggest any other ideas....

Anyother idea is leave this thread and join where they are talking about updating content quite frequently and adding new pages to site. If you have a dead site it will go down the list pretty fast.

3 way linking is an excellent concept if used in coupling with reciprocal link exchange. The whole idea is to get backlinks whether they are 2 way or 3 way. Both are looked upon with respect from search engines point of view. They cannot rule out a natural cause that results in 3 way linking.

Now a days 3 ways has become pretty fishy thing for SEO scenario.... Its mainly depends upon the quality and relevancy of the sites. Most of the time you won't get two (quality and relevancy) all together. If anyone is less then it'll become a danger for your own site. So you have to be super choosy :-/ in the case of 3 ways. Better to avoid it except exceptionals.:)

Excellent point. If the link I am getting to my site is relevevant its great. The link that I am giving to the other site is from a directory. If they accept this, I am fine. You agree?

I just wanted to start a conversation about 3 way linking. I was told that 3 way linking is not as effective as it once used to be. I am sure thats the case however is it still used alot? Do people out there still accept it? Especially if its from a good, high PR 3rd party site?
Thanks for any and all info.

You are right partially. 3 way linking never actually picked up. It cannot stand on its own. Well if you back up your 3 way linking with reciprocal link exchange and one way links. Now these all added together do make a strong combination.

Three way links are not worth the effort. They're usually off topic links which are just about worthless. Or your link is on a page with dozens of other exchanged links diluting the value of your link to just about nothing. Plus you always run the risk of being considered part of a link farm if you link to the wrong site (not as likely as a reciprocal link but still a possibility).

Three way links are not worth the effort. They're usually off topic links which are just about worthless. Or your link is on a page with dozens of other exchanged links diluting the value of your link to just about nothing. Plus you always run the risk of being considered part of a link farm if you link to the wrong site (not as likely as a reciprocal link but still a possibility).

1. There are dozen of links in any link exchange. No webmaster is going to create a special page for you to provide you with a backlink.

2. Secondly there is always an element of risk and we have to take extra care not linking to a link farm in any kind of link exchange. This rule does not apply only for 3 way linking.

Neither will reciprocal link exchange die nor will 3 way linking they will stay there as they are now a part of an extremely complex web network. You take these two things out and web will look like it was 13 years ago and only thing we all will know is where to go to find google.

1. There are dozen of links in any link exchange. No webmaster is going to create a special page for you to provide you with a backlink.

Exactly. So by doing this you are knowing that your link will be diluted by dozens of other links. So why go into it if you know this will happen?

2. Secondly there is always an element of risk and we have to take extra care not linking to a link farm in any kind of link exchange. This rule does not apply only for 3 way linking.

You may take care not to do it but you can't always tell. Plus a site you have linked to may not be a link farm at the time you linked to it but it may change and become one. But lowering your standards to send and get links you are exposing yourself to a lot of risk for little reward.

Neither will reciprocal link exchange die nor will 3 way linking they will stay there as they are now a part of an extremely complex web network. You take these two things out and web will look like it was 13 years ago and only thing we all will know is where to go to find google.

Link exchanges are not nearly as important as you make them out to be. Natural linking is what keeps the Internet together. Reciprocal links can all go away today and the Internet would not only still be here but better then ever as links would truly only exist for the betterment of the user.

Is 3 ways is really needed in SEO???Please suggest..

No, it is not needed in SEO.

3 way linking was devised by the link spammers to try to fool the search engines.

Aaron couldn't have said it any better: "Most people engaging in 3 way link exchanges are doing it with the express intent to manipulate search results."

Hi
I have been trying 3 ways link for the last couple of months. And it has proved me some good results. However i don't give emphasis to do it again..

Steve

Hi
I have been trying 3 ways link for the last couple of months. And it has proved me some good results. However i don't give emphasis to do it again..

Steve

Why Steve?

3 way linking, also known as ABC linking, is a little more complicated way to setup link trades. The benefits of doing this kind of trading are that it is harder for search engine robots to detect the link exchange. It is well known to most webmasters, interested in great search engine results, that incoming links is the way to the top.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.