I am developing a database driven site and if i use mod_rewrite to change the dynamic urls to static is that as effective as having static urls all along?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I am developing a database driven site and if i use mod_rewrite to change the dynamic urls to static is that as effective as having static urls all along?

Yes. Infact it is better that way. Since search engines rank you website based on content, having static url helps with your content rating and rank on the search based on keywords being used.

The only advantage of using mod_rewrite to change your URLs for SEO is that you can remove unnecessary clutter and make sure your keywords are prominent in your URL. This will have a small direct effect on your rankings. Indirectly this will also help you with SEO as it will encourage other webmasters to link to your site with those keywords in their link as many use the URL to help formulate their anchor text.

Otherwise there is no harm in using dynamic URLs or having query string in your URL from an SEO point of view.

There is a tool in joomla that does this automatically, or should i get some sort of mod_rewrite php script? Has anyone used this feature in joomla? Thanks again.

Hello

i too have the same problem with my site please reply what is solutions for this

regards
seomaster

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.