What website promotion method would you prefer to use for website promotion strategy and why? Search engine optimization or Pay-Per-Click advertizing?

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

The two things supplement each other and ppc is seo related directly. First do internal optimization. Second - external. Third - do not rely on ppc dark comanies offering this strategy. The best one is Google Adwords campaigns. Fourth - keep adding fresh content on your website (once a month will be enough).

I am not really into PPC or PPV. Working out your links is a good thing and updating your blogs' articles as well as submitting articles to article sites.
I heard there are a lot of scams for PPC. Some are even paying a good amount to hire sites who would pay every user's click on their customers' sites.

I am not really into PPC or PPV. Working out your links is a good thing and updating your blogs' articles as well as submitting articles to article sites.
I heard there are a lot of scams for PPC. Some are even paying a good amount to hire sites who would pay every user's click on their customers' sites.

Again I would recommend Google Adwords. The best one of the best.

What website promotion method would you prefer to use for website promotion strategy and why? Search engine optimization or Pay-Per-Click advertizing?

PPC :) SEO later on once I know which keywords are earning $5k per month.
So u can SEO the keywords that produce the sales.

PPC is fine if you know what you are doing, but a fast way to lose money if you don't. On the other hand you can improve your SEO skills free of charge. For beginners I'd recommend learning about SEO first and then approaching PPC with some knowledge of keywords and so forth.

i dont now ppc is best or seo but this thread is helpfull to me

In my words, PPC can bring fast traffic but limited.SEO can bring unlimited traffic.

I think SEO is worth your time and less expensive. Optimizing your site should be the first priority not unless you have the money to pay for advertising (PPC). I tried PPC ( Google ) and It did not go as I expected.

Optimize your site, Optimize your site. Running a PPC campaign can be costly plus the your ads will continue to show even if you set a limit. I still owe Google about $40 for a $10 campaign.

Do not pay for PPC. If you are new to this, you may lose a lot of money. Learn SEO, and your time is well spent for that.

The two things supplement each other and ppc is seo related directly. First do internal optimization. Second - external. Third - do not rely on ppc dark comanies offering this strategy. The best one is Google AdWords campaigns. Fourth - keep adding fresh content on your website (once a month will be enough).

i don't agree completely with your remarks, the effectives of PPC is not related to SEO. PPC is paid advertising and if you pay a high bid ( paying for a keyword in pay per click: ad words) the better the chances of your ad being displayed more frequently and in more advanced positions than your competition.

SEO is not paid advertising. it is search engine optimization. is your site or the product your are selling online, search engine friendly? are the major search engines capable of indexing your site? i found this site that can really help you with SEO: www.seomoz.org. There you can find the tips you need to make your site more indexable.

SEO can be done internally by the marketing department of your company. It can also be a purchased service. depending on your budget you have to make your choice. small start ups usually do it manually. reading the correct literature, it should not be difficult.

One of the best PPC programs is google adwords but their are others.

Christian Pace

PPC offers instant ROI if it is done correctly, while organic SEO offers free traffic long term, but is out of your control.
I think Organic SEO is the most important as it is beneficial in long term results.

PPC is good only if you want to have traffic that will lead to conversion. SEO is best and it gives a long term effect on your site.

It depends on your goal. If you want to have conversion, then PPC is good for that. But for long term effect, SEO is the answer.

I would say BOTH-- these are two intertwined programs to get good traffic on the web. Both are cost-performance based...so both are economically efficient.

Again I would recommend Google Adwords. The best one of the best.

Yeah, I agree that Google Adwords can help a lot, so as the many ways in driving traffic to one's site or simply selling. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.