I am trying to get an automated system down where it offers everything vBAdvanced(vBulletin Hack) offers but instead of having 15-20 queries each time the page is loaded a simple static page is loaded. I feel this would allow for more traffic to expierence the front page. I would want to make this automatically generated say every 15-30 minutes with new updates and such.

Is this possible with vBA and alot of its modules especially the gallery module(shows random/last 4 pics)?

Does this sound like a feasible goal to help the site keep server resources down?

Contributors
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dani

I think that a better approach is to do something similar to the moreover hack for phpBB (although I don't remember exactly what it's called). Basically what it does is take an RSS feed that you want to syndicate and cache the HTML output to a txt file that updates every 10 minutes or so. You might be able to use a simialar technique to cache parsed versions of the templates in the database ..... I'm thinking something along the lines of the default vB postcache?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.