Hello, all!

Lets get right down to business- I wish to start a forum for book-readers. Discuss books, share their thoughts, recommendations, etc. As far as my searches have shown, there isn't to many of them. I have found a few, but nothing like web-designing forums.

Now, I have no problem paying for one, but I don't want to waste my little money for nothing.

Do you think a book forum would work?
Do you think anybody would sign up?
How would I go about advertising? (I have no money. Free ideas, please.)

Sorry, I hounded with the questions! :o

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Gargen

Forums are very hard to start and even hard to keep active and manage, be prepared to put aside ALOT of time and money investing in your site. Would a book forum work? Of course, but it boils down to how much you believe in your idea.

Forums are very hard to start and even hard to keep active and manage, be prepared to put aside ALOT of time and money investing in your site. Would a book forum work? Of course, but it boils down to how much you believe in your idea.

I agree 110%. If I wasn't so interested in the subject matter there is no way I would invest the time, energy and resources needed to keep my sales and marketing forum running.

starting a forum can be hard im currently starting my own its been up three weeks and i have 22 users, i also help run another forum that is also in the start up stages, about it being a book forum yes it will be hard but it will work, advertising wise just submit to directories and exchange links (in person not through a service, those link mostly likely will be on a page not even linked to the homepage) but if you need any advice or anything IM on aim @ WhiteSnake6767 also i would be happy to be one of your first members

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.