Hi everybody

I have one question. I´m quite new to HTML programming, but have been dabbling with it.
I have a website that has two dropdownlists (ASP.NET controls).
One ddl is filled on Page_Load with the months available. The other I have filled with every week of the corresponding month with JavaScript.

This has worked fine. I however get into trouble when continuing on. When I press my ASP.NET button and want to get the values in the dropdownbuttons I get the value for the one filled by ASP.NET but not the one filled by JavaScript. That one always reports 0 items, even though the items are shown on the webpage.

How can I get the HTML values of the dropdown server side?

with regards
Arnar Gudnason
Iceland

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tgreer

Hi

Sorry, didn´t see the forrest for the trees. The easiest way was of course to simply place the value of the HTML dropdown in a hidden textbox and then take that value (in the sever :D)

thanks

HTML is not ASP.NET. To get the values of HTML elements server-side, post them in a form and iterate through the Request object; or don't use an HTML element in the first place, use an ASP.NET server control instead.

You don't need to place them in a hidden element, as the Request object contains all the posted form values.

If you have additional ASP.NET questions, it's best to ask them in the ASP.NET forum.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.