Hello to all. I am IsomanX16. My wife doesn't know that; it's just between us. Anyway, I run a small but growing advertising agency. The world of advertising is undergoing massive change, a large part of which is the "media agnostic" approach to reaching people. The Web is a vital channel that should be a part of almost any media campaign. As the lead strategic, long range thinker-type dude, I am trying to understand the best way to staff our agency to support all that is the Web. There's traditional Web site programming, banner advertising, interactive marketing sites (e.g. subservientchicken.com), ecommerce, email marketing, Web media planning/buying (i.e. purchasing ad space on Web sites), etc., etc. In the midst of all this is the need to be TRULY CREATIVE. First and foremast it's visualizing how to use the Web, then it becomes the technical challenge of implementing the BIG IDEAS.

I welcome any and all opinions on how best to staff a small agency in a way that supports the creative side and the technical side.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,

Don't hide things from your wife. I do not know what extent that you have corruption, but she is your life and business partner, and should not be pushed aside as such.

Christian

The line about my wife was meant to be funny. As to how much corruption I have, I'd say just enough to keep life interesting.

The line about my wife was meant to be funny. As to how much corruption I have, I'd say just enough to keep life interesting.

I found it funny. :p

Staff can really sculpt how a company operates (and ultimately succeeds or fails), so be very picky and choosy when finding staff. As this season of the apprentice is telling us, educational experience doesn't necessarily mean the candidate is better.

When interviewing individuals, ask for ideas they have for your company. Its a great way to see if they can think 'outside the box'.

Theres no shortage of development people, the key is finding creative ones. ;)

Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.