Hello. 1st, I am a developer, so can write/understand PHP and SQL. I have installed vBulletin and migrated my phpbb forum with no problems.

Now I plan on adding/creating a HOW-TO technical article repository on the site. I want to use the New Thread creation routines from VB for this. I want the article display to of course process the BBCODE tags. However, I want the articles stored in their own table structure. Members will not post replies, and articles will have their own CSS style sheet.

My question is, besides "newthread.php", which files and tables should I look at to get an idea of the structure and necessary changes?

I'm not looking for a step-by-step, but rather a roadmap.

Check out the link to my site in the signature. Then go to the tutorials section and click on a tutorial. I think this is what you are looking for. If it is, you are going to have to learn how to create your own custom VB pages, by hacking. I don't think there is a great VB article tool out there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.