How should I do in Photoshop to make a menu like this (in the top) to get that "depth"/3D-feeling. I've tried with both a brush and with the 'Gradient tool' but I never seem to get it quite as good..

Look at the menu at the top for an example of what I mean; http://ebin.wordpress.com/

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hate to break it to you but thats just a gradient. Mine isn't quite the same, but its the best I could do in the 5 minutes I spent on this. Just set the 2 colors on your gradient to what you feel is good. I used 89 for the gray and 0 for the black. Dragged from about 3/4s from the top to the bottom within the image. I put in an extra layer to set the harder edge in the middle that I set to 28% opacity. That effect can be done by adding in additional color points within the gradient.

Good luck.

As I thought.. I'll try my best then..

Thank you =)

It's not even a gradient. It's a well-known optical illusion. There are two gray bars of different shades, surrounded by a white border. The shading changes are actually contrast effects.

yES I DO AGREE ITS JUST A OPTICAL ILLUSION. 100% CORRECT

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.