The "Blog Archive" widget in my Blogger nav bar has the first ~2 letters cropped off when viewed in IE7.0. any idea how to fix this?? (http://truckinthroughlife.blogspot.com)

the cropping's consistent in every tier, even though the position/padding's obvs different. also, changing css for .widget-list or .widget-content padding/margin/position has no effect

Also, on a related note, why would the grey post count number after each label go to a 2nd line in IE?

Firefox, obviously superior, renders everything with perfect spacing :)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I noticed that the arrow point images are not appearing. Where do those come from, and what kind of file are they?

The "Blog Archive" widget in my Blogger nav bar has the first ~2 letters cropped off when viewed in IE7.0. any idea how to fix this?? (http://truckinthroughlife.blogspot.com)

the cropping's consistent in every tier, even though the position/padding's obvs different. also, changing css for .widget-list or .widget-content padding/margin/position has no effect

Also, on a related note, why would the grey post count number after each label go to a 2nd line in IE?

Firefox, obviously superior, renders everything with perfect spacing :)

Are any of your paragraphs or page headers set to float? I ran into an issue a while back where I had floating parahraphs and headers. IE shifted the last two letters of the paraghrapgh down onto its own line. Taking off the float property solved the problem.

I noticed that the arrow point images are not appearing. Where do those come from, and what kind of file are they?

The arrows are internal to the Blogger widget, one of the main reasons this is complicated. I assume that the image file is somewhere central to Blogger, but I don't have access to it. To date, I haven't seen a blogger-powered blog with archive arrows different from that ...

Are any of your paragraphs or page headers set to float?

I checked, and no paragraph/headers float. The navigation bar itself is set to float (left), but I don't think that's what you're referring to, right?

I have isolated the problem to the container

<div id='ArchiveList'>

I did not see any css associated with this id...but there is some script that affects is at the bottom of the code at line 1915.

I hope that at least gives you a starting point.

Watch using mixed case in ids and classes. IE gets confused with this. Until they fix this, all ids and classes should be entirely lower case.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.