I had my site reviewed at another site and someone said it was ugly..
I hate the look of my website but I have to live with it.. No time to fix it, however I just have to fix the left border.. Computer help site
It has a line going down it but I cant make it go down all the way...
I used frontpage to build the site ... I know its old,but I am learning...

Can anyone help?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

it has a 1990s feel to it. It's just bland.

You should really try to read up on web standards and how to build a website from scratch without using a WYSIWYG editor (what you see is what you get).

I am avoiding having to move it ... There are too many pages to fix. Is there an easy way?

I recommend you start using a CMS (content management system). There are a few out there which may work for you.

Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress, just to name a few of the most popular ones available. Using a CMS will let you create a theme and then manage that theme without having to modify every single page every time you make a change to it.

WYSIWYG = Weird Yucky Stuff I What You Get.

Write your own code.

One suggestion is to put a div around the whole right column, and add a left border to it to make the line. But that requires knowing how to code. You would also have to remove the present code that makes the line.

P.S. It's not ugly. It's better than all of the sites that put text on top of images and expect people to be able to read it.

Hello

1. Never underestimate urself.... its NOT ugly.. If u had this site in 1990 - 1995 it surely is above average.
In this era, things have changed, we have many tools and techniques, softwares, web standards have risen up.. and so ur site looks pretty old.

2. I recomment u use Joomla or Wordpress.. its easy.. u can choose a template.. and simply copy paste the existing text.. plus ur using today's technology.

Trust me.. the time u spend on it will be an Investment.

Regards
Kiwi

I had my site reviewed at another site and someone said it was ugly..
I hate the look of my website but I have to live with it.. No time to fix it, however I just have to fix the left border.. Computer help site
It has a line going down it but I cant make it go down all the way...
I used frontpage to build the site ... I know its old,but I am learning...

Can anyone help?

Yes I do believe I can help.. I tryed fixing your problem in frontpage but your source code is
a mess (no offense).. I will recreate your entire website for you in flash or html (Your choice) for just a small ad linking back to my website.. let me know If you think this is a deal well worth.. If you would like to see some of my work just vist my site: Ctxpress.net
Thankyou..

commented: Obey the rules, stop advertising outside of the appropriate forum -1
commented: why use frontpage, when you can write your own code? +0

Yes I do believe I can help.. I tryed fixing your problem in frontpage but your source code is
a mess (no offense).. I will recreate your entire website for you in flash or html (Your choice) for just a small ad linking back to my website.. let me know If you think this is a deal well worth.. If you would like to see some of my work just vist my site: Ctxpress.net
Thankyou..

Your stuff is great. I will contact you asap!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.