Hey,

I know basic HTML and i recently saw an excellent application for the Apple Mac called TextMate, you could write xhtml, html and it provided hints of what you could be typing aswell as colour co-ordinated and aligned everything so its clear what you are doing. I was just wondering is there any other good applications for Windows thats similar to this that i could download ( don't particularly like notepad/wordpad and don't want to use dreamweaver.

Thanks in advance

try dreamweaver... it's pretty nice, since you can preview wha you're writing in the same application or in your localhost...

try notepad++ or editplus

Thanks, these are what im looking for ^^

try dreamweaver... it's pretty nice, since you can preview wha you're writing in the same application or in your localhost...

I was warned not to use dreamweaver mainly because it includes a lot of code that is unnecessary, thanks for the reply tho :)

you can use it the other way around.. write your own code and check it out in the design view...

I like writing my own code in Dreamweaver and then previewing the pages in the different browsers I have installed.

I rarely, if ever, let Dreamweaver write code for me.

thanx to all guys for there valuable info. :)