This may be a newbie question but then again guess what guys? I'm somewhat of a newbie.

On my website I'm just coming along slowly, I don't really have time to put a few solid hours into getting it done, I put a few here and a few there. I was wondering if anyone knew the direct path on dreamweaver to putting a (contact us) button so that when you click on it, it goes to outlook with my email address.

Hopefully you can understand through the jumble above.

Oh and another question for the savy! Any idea how to put the time and day on the website? that is current and active? as you see i tried to put it on the home page and every page there of but no luck!

www.sarasotanetworking.com (domain name will change when i'm finished)
My family races boats.
Leave responses if you'd like. Good and Bad. The only buttons that are working are the (home, schedule, contact us, biographies, oct 23, sept 12, friendly bet)
Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for TKSS

that's just a simple

[email="address@domain.com"]mailto:address@domain.com[/email]

If you try to specify mailers...you'll take away from your users. Remember that not everyone uses IE and Outlook...some use Mozilla and Outlook Express or Evolution. Counting on other programs being used and design your page with these in mind.

but what is the format that i use for dreamweaver or whats the coding for html when making a button like the contact us button on my website

so that they can email me?

In dreamweaver, just highlight your text which says 'contact us', then go to the 'common' tab at the top of your dreamweaver menu bar.
click on the second button in which looks like an envelope. This is the 'email link' button. when you click it, it will open a box where you have to fill in two lines of info. (this is sometimes already filled in for you). but if it hasnt, the first box says 'text' so just type 'contact us' in there.
the second box say 'email'. type your email address in there.
When you preview your site in explorer you should find that when you click it, a new email message should appear addressed to you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.