Hi,

I have a system allowing users to upload files to my site.

Those files are then available to download using a link, for instance www.mysite.com/uploads/document.doc

This works perfectly until someone uploads a word document with .docx extension. The file is uploaded fine but when using the link to download them it gives a 404 error.
I have tried with various names, with space and not in the name of the file etc but it is all the same.

Does any one know why and if there is a fix to this?

many thanks

Hi,

I have a system allowing users to upload files to my site.

Those files are then available to download using a link, for instance www.mysite.com/uploads/document.doc

This works perfectly until someone uploads a word document with .docx extension. The file is uploaded fine but when using the link to download them it gives a 404 error.
I have tried with various names, with space and not in the name of the file etc but it is all the same.

Does any one know why and if there is a fix to this?

many thanks

]

Hi, i have the same experience about that and it was solved.
The document.docx was attacked by virus and it can't to opened. If you try to open that you just getting a anonymous charachters. The Solution is remove that file and try to Recovery the data or ask the uploader to upload again the correct file .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.