gunna1 0 Newbie Poster

I recently saw a Danish website that I like (I like the design).
http://www.niels-burcharth.dk/default.asp
Then I found out that it does not work in Mozilla Firefox because the HTML is so badly written (it is not a CSS problem). In the main navigation bar, TD parts of a table are nested inside the A HREF links to other parts of the website This is not allowed in HTML but it still works fine in Internet Explorer but will not work in Firefox. Here is an example:

<A HREF="/infodetail.asp?txt=Profil"><TD width="20%" style="background-color: ##0080c0; cursor:hand; font-size: 12px;border-color:#FFFFFF;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-width:1px;border-style:solid;border-right-width: 0px;" onmouseover="this.style.background='#6B9FD3'"
onmouseout="this.style.background='#0080c0'">Information</TD></A>

Like I said: TD inside A HREF - and you get clickable areas on the navigation bar.

I copied this page to my computer and put the all the A HREFs after the TDs. Then the page would work in Firefox too, but the problem was that now only the text was clickable - not the whole area, even though the whole area still changed color on hover.

I also took out the whole navigation bar and put in another navigation bar made from an unordered list and CSS. It worked correctly but it took some time to position it with CSS in IE and then the positioning did not work in Firefox...

Can anybody tell me how to fix this table so it works correctly in both IE and Firefox. I think it ought perhaps to be possible.
Or if it is not possible does anyone know how to position an unordered list navigation bar exactly where he table navigation bar is, and make it work in both IE and Firefox.

I have spent some time on this problem now and I would very much like to know if there is a simple solution to it. I have tried Google to find table navigation bars but all I find is navigation bars that take pride in NOT using a table.