Hi, all
I am new in this forum.
These days i was thinking improving my website. I review a bunch of website and find my website are all using tables.
So is there have some could answer me weather using table to write and design a website could cause problems??
Another i use Dreamweaver to write and design my webiste, is there some other good suggestions?
Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

In terms of tables, if you use them for your layout, it is kinda frowned upon. By using tables you are using a lot more code, you should look into using css instead. With dreamweaver or any html/css ide (this is my personal opinion), well I wouldn't use a design view. As much as possible, try to write your own code, by letting some of the IDEs do it for you, code tends to get messy, incompatibilities can arise (which are hard to debug) and you are going to have a hard time reading it.

to add a little of what "sillyboy" said, what he means by CSS code, he means by creating <div id's > tags and class ids to form "junk of content" more flexible. Nowadays ALMOST nobody uses Tables with the < table > tag, its too complicated and time consuming. Besides, its easier and more flexible with CSS . You can find a bunch of INFO in these forums or in here for a little help: http://creativebits.org/webdev/div_id_vs_div_class

But there is nothing wrong with using tables for actual table content (anything that looks like a spreadsheet). It is not deprecated.

But there is nothing wrong with using tables for actual table content (anything that looks like a spreadsheet). It is not deprecated.

Not all tables look like a spreadsheet. Some table's borders can be not seen but the structure stills the same as a spreadsheet. Go to any business professional website, see how many of them use tables. You will rarely find table tags but you will definitely find < id > 's

I think MidiMagic understands this, he is simply stating a table is useful as a table. Trying to create a table using divisions (which I assume is what you mean by <id>) is just as bad as laying out the webpage using tables.

i find out that already. So that's the reason i want to improving the website.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.