Hi,

I have this in my css file i have said the html to be position:abolute but it doesnt when i minimise. if i say absolute in logo same thing nothing happens and the body comes at the top of logo:

html 
{
	height: 100%;
	overflow-x: auto;
	position:absolute;

}

body
{
	background: #F0F1F3;
	color: #
	font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Trebuchet MS, Sans-Serif, Georgia, Courier, Times New Roman, Serif;
	font-size: 10px;
	line-height: 135%;
	margin: 0 auto;
	padding: 0; 
	text-align: left;
}

#logo {
	padding-top: 1em;
	height:100%;
	margin:0 auto;
	padding-left: 28em;
}

Help please!!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,

I have this in my css file i have said the html to be position:abolute but it doesnt when i minimise. if i say absolute in logo same thing nothing happens and the body comes at the top of logo:

What does "nothing happens" mean? What does happen? What do you want to happen?

First, check your code with http://validator.w3.org. Once your code is error free, post the URL so we can see what happens.

html 
{
	height: 100%;
	overflow-x: auto;
	position:absolute;

}

body
{
	background: #F0F1F3;
	color: #

Incomplete rule.

font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Trebuchet MS, Sans-Serif, Georgia, Courier, Times New Roman, Serif;
	font-size: 10px;

That's far too small for many people to read. It is better to set the font-size to 100%.

line-height: 135%;
	margin: 0 auto;
	padding: 0; 
	text-align: left;
}

#logo {
	padding-top: 1em;
	height:100%;
	margin:0 auto;
	padding-left: 28em;
}

The height attribute, applied to html and body, is rendered in different ways on different browsers, if it is rendered at all. It is usually NOT the size of the window, but the height of the entire document after rendering.

There is no reliable way to make the document render to the size of the browser window, because there are so many variants of screen resolution, browser type, operating system, and window size.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.