I have tow questions actaully:

1. Does anyone know how to integrate PHPlist with an already existing form on their website?
  2. HOw do I make a person's photo 3D for placement in an SWF file for a website

I have a 2 text field form (name and email) that I am trying to integrate with PHPlist. The website is already going so I don't want to have a form separate from the site. There are some other problems I'm having with the PHP program but I'll get to those after i get this answer.

Also, being new to flash design/development, there is a website I am trying to mimic just for practice sake--www.delmcneal.com. I like how he has the 3D looking picture overlaying the swf on every page. I believe I can accomplish the swf part. It's the 3D picture part i don't know how to achieve. Can anyone help with that?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The 3D effect of the picture itself is done by the photographer at the time the picture is taken.

This is a lighting technique I have used in photography. The keylight is placed in front, above and to one side of the subject (in this photo, it is to the upper left of the camera). Then, other fill-in lights are added to produce the wanted 3D effect.

The shadow is done with a gradient from the edge of the image to the transparent background.

Does anyone know how to integrate PHPlist with an already existing form on their website?
No I have never messed with a pre made mailing list, but I can explain how to use a flash movie to insert users into an existing mysql mailing list.

HOw do I make a person's photo 3D for placement in an SWF file for a website.

The site is just taking a picture with a decent camera and using the Photoshop extraction tool to extract the target(in this case the speaker) from the pic. Then they add a bit of a black outer glow to the layer. Most pictures are taken from an elevated or side vantage point. Both of which are known to increase the 3d effect. The pic is then imported into a layer in Flash higher than the rotating movie clip. Thats all.

Thank you both. At least now I know it's done on the photography end an don't on my end, the web designer and developer. Yeah, I knew how the picture was photoshopped with gradients and the like. I was wondering/hoping there was some way they used Photoshop or maybe Photoshop and Illustrator or any portion(s) of the creative suite to achieve the effect. I can stop searching the internet for a solution I'm not going to find.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.