Hi there,

I have some java script menus created and I'm calling them from the <body onload> tag as follows:

<body onload="initjsDOMenu()">

Because of this, the menu is the last thing to load on the page. I want it to be the first thing to load. Anyone know what I can do?

Thanks for any help,
Maj

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

instead of sticking it in the body onload, have you tried calling it in the header of the page:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="Javascript">
function some_function()
{

}

some_function();
</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<!-- The Rest Of The Page -->

Hi there,

I have some java script menus created and I'm calling them from the <body onload> tag as follows:

<body onload="initjsDOMenu()">

Because of this, the menu is the last thing to load on the page. I want it to be the first thing to load. Anyone know what I can do?

Thanks for any help,
Maj

call this function at the javascript section under head tag.
<head>
<javascript>
function();
</javascript>
</head>

<javascript>
function();
</javascript>

What language is that written in? It isn't HTML or XHTML because they use <script type="text/javascript"> to call Javascript.

thats what they mean... you can call a javascript function from anywhere on the page, as long as it is in the script tags you describe.

Most times code within onload needs to be there because it references elements of the page that need to be loaded beforehand in order to be able to reference them. Moving the onload code to anywhere else will probably result in "object expected" errors because the part of the page that the script references hasn't loaded yet.

What language is that written in? It isn't HTML or XHTML because they use <script type="text/javascript"> to call Javascript.

its just html code ...............sorry for writing it like that.............my motive was to just guide the way it would work..................

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.