I've searched the web without any succes to try and solve this newbie question.

I have an submit button that i want to say "Answer", but i want the value to be something else.
How do I do it?

//AKE

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Make the button an image

<button type='submit' name='thisorthat' value='whatever you want'>displayed label</button>

thanks, that did the trick!:)

im pretty sure that ie differentiates with buttons than firefox persay i had to check this button code out and i did but then when i applied an onlick event that makes the button translucent aka opacisized i came to found that ies button will not opacisize but firefox will. im pretty sure the opacisized code works for tables in ie as well as firefox although i didn not check hold on let me do so. and it doesnt. that means its not button related. does anyone know why this is just a simple code i found on here that does.. does not work in internet exp=plorer? im not worried about macs or opera. firefox and ie are the aware winning leaders in the browser history

<script>
    function lightup(imageobject, opacity){
    if (navigator.appName.indexOf("Netscape")!=-1&&parseInt(navigator.appVersion)>=5)
    imageobject.style.MozOpacity=opacity/100
    else if (navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft")!=-1&&parseInt(navigator.appVersion)>=4)
    imageobject.filters.alpha.opacity=opacity
}

</script>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.