Sorry that this is such a basic question. I'm a total beginner, trying to teach myself JS so I'd appreciate any advice or even if someone could recommend a good site for newbies. The books I have aren't very good and I usually end up doing things by trial and error which probably isn't a good idea :) What I'm trying to do is very simple. I'm trying to write a short piece of code that will accept an input code from a user which has to be 8 characters long and all alphabetic and upper case. Making sure there is 8 characters is fine, I've got that bit :lol: I'm trying to get my head around the For statements. I can get it to accept a code with one uppercase letter, but have had a total mind block and can't get it to accept all uppercase letters between a-z.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's really annoying me now. I've probably done more complicated stuff but for some reason can't figure this one out.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Since you're learning, which is fantastic, I won't give you a complete answer. I think you should research "Regular Expressions", often referred to as "regex".

cant help bt im still new to this js also . good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.