I'm working on fixing a code for a website that was done by someone else. I noticed this word "fprolloverstyle" in the style tag, and I couldn't understand what it means. I searched online but still I don't understand it! What does it do exactly? Can I remove it? It's getting on my nerves...

It looks like this:

<style fprolloverstyle>A:hover {color: #ff0000; font-weight: bold}

try writing the code this way and check if u still get any errors. It should work.

<style type="text/css">
 {color: #ff0000; font-weight: bold}

The missing attribute " type " is all that is required for a style tag to function properly.

hey thanks for the reply. yes it works with no errors if i remove this word. i was just wondering what it means..

its likely code left over from whatever IDE or CMS the original author was using, Its possible that the software searches for unreasonable words like that as its anchors, and replaces them with proper text when publishing
one of the editors adds bb_ to the front of keywords it has altered, its messed up and I don't use it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.