Hello, (PLEASE DONT DELETE MODS)

Im looking for a mentor to guide me and teach me to make me the ultimate site maker

K well i just joined this site a bit a ago, and im trying my best to learn how to make quality websites, because i'm try to make one of my own. Ive never been to school for computers, but ive been computing since com 64's. so i kno a little bit..

Well heres the scoop.

Im looking for some help in making a site from step one, so here's a challenge for you tech geeks cus its going to be hard.

I dont have any hosting yet or a domain name, but is it needed yet? can u build the site first the transfer the data to a host?

My site i got in mind is a chat, pic rating and game

I have no clue where to start with this, but i can show you some examples of what im looking to make...

*STEP 1 - Members profiles/ Pic rater

how could i make something like this, i want members to be able to post IMG files from photobucket ect

http://www.nexopia.com/profile.php?uid=588122

*STEP 2 - The Game

i want each member to be able to gain game money to purchase things like drugs, weapons, betting, and maybe u could gain money from rating profiles and making comments and posts. The more activity u do on the site increase your rank. I also want members to be able to kill other members profiles..
If you have no clue what im talkin about heres a perfect example.

http://themafianetwork.net

i want to make it the same as that but with the nexoipa profiles and different things you could do, something for the ladies to like.

Well, can someone guide me to first steps i could do i have nothing done yet, accept for a vision in my mind.

feel free to add me to msn to help me brotherbradshaw69@msn.com

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

If you've had no experience with building and programming pages of that quality I would suggest you start out with geocities. You won't be able to build something of that caliber, but it will be a good experience.

geocities.com

They offer free hosting and good beginner tools, but again, you won't be building an award winning site with that.

i have built one with that and freewebs.com and forumco.

im lookin to build something good, i just need the help

Will someone please move this to the right board?

And will the new guys please read the board specific announcements before posting?

Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

can some one tell me what codes i need, and what i could read to learn how to do it?
C++????

Im looking for 3 people to join me in making this site

Hosting/Domain Name - 25% over 2 years
Site Designer - 25% over 2 years
Site Designer 2 - 25% over 2 years
Me - 25% over 2 years then after 2 years I own the site site and get 100% profit...

If your interested bm me or leave a mess here

Im looking for 3 people to join me in making this site

Hosting/Domain Name - 25% over 2 years
Site Designer - 25% over 2 years
Site Designer 2 - 25% over 2 years
Me - 25% over 2 years then after 2 years I own the site site and get 100% profit...

If your interested bm me or leave a mess here

I might be able to help with the layout, however, I think that all you should do is register an invisionfree forum, and then use one of the RPG hacks for it.]
And don't worry - you will not need to use any programming languages like C++ or visual basic - all you will need is HTML, PHP, and perhaps javascript. I could go hunting for you to find a PHP script to let you post something, but you will need a host that supports PHP, and possibly MySQL, so look for that.

~Matts

Hello, (PLEASE DONT DELETE MODS)

Im looking for a mentor to guide me and teach me to make me the ultimate site maker

K well i just joined this site a bit a ago, and im trying my best to learn how to make quality websites, because i'm try to make one of my own. Ive never been to school for computers, but ive been computing since com 64's. so i kno a little bit..

Well heres the scoop.

Im looking for some help in making a site from step one, so here's a challenge for you tech geeks cus its going to be hard.

I dont have any hosting yet or a domain name, but is it needed yet? can u build the site first the transfer the data to a host?

My site i got in mind is a chat, pic rating and game

I have no clue where to start with this, but i can show you some examples of what im looking to make...

*STEP 1 - Members profiles/ Pic rater

how could i make something like this, i want members to be able to post IMG files from photobucket ect

http://www.nexopia.com/profile.php?uid=588122

*STEP 2 - The Game

i want each member to be able to gain game money to purchase things like drugs, weapons, betting, and maybe u could gain money from rating profiles and making comments and posts. The more activity u do on the site increase your rank. I also want members to be able to kill other members profiles..
If you have no clue what im talkin about heres a perfect example.

http://themafianetwork.net

i want to make it the same as that but with the nexoipa profiles and different things you could do, something for the ladies to like.

Well, can someone guide me to first steps i could do i have nothing done yet, accept for a vision in my mind.

feel free to add me to msn to help me brotherbradshaw69@msn.com

You can definitely build the site first and then upload when ready. This is what I did, using Microsoft Frontpage. Frontpage is maybe not the best option available, and I have started to experiment with 1stPage from Evrsoft (which is more of a pure HTML format.

PROGRESS ENTERPRISE

http://www.progressenterprise.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.