Yeah, yeah, category fail, whatever. Seriously just ignore it.

Anyway.

I used webs.com for hosting up until a few days ago, when a friend of mine gave me a subdomain so my URL would just seem that much more random (www.a-random-word-here.another-random-word.com) and so I need to transfer all my files over there. But that's not the main problem here, because I can do that.

The problem is:

Webs.com keeps denying my access to the site. At first it was just the site manager (yeahhh, that was a major problem :3) but now it's blocking the ENTIRE SITE.

Here's what it says:

HTTP Status 403 - Access is denied

type Status report

message Access is denied

description Access to the specified resource (Access is denied) has been forbidden.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.18

Any advice/tips/help/whatever??? It's not SUPER urgent, but I do need this done pretty quickly.

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm pretty sure that if you stopped being a web.com customer a couple of days ago that your account, and all of your files, will have been deleted from their server.

Do you not have a copy of your files on your local machine? If you don't I really think you may have just lost all your files.

I'm pretty sure that if you stopped being a web.com customer a couple of days ago that your account, and all of your files, will have been deleted from their server.

Do you not have a copy of your files on your local machine? If you don't I really think you may have just lost all your files.

Yeahh.... my brother decided it would be just HILARIOUS to delete all my files. yippee.

And I didn't actually closed the account, I just haven't used it for like a week or so... Less than that, really.

Hi

You can read this article on 403 errors: http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E403.html

If you are still a web.com customer then just give them a phone, tell them your problem, and ask them to sort it out for you. If they are any good as a web hosting company your problem should be sorted within a couple of hours, 24 at the most.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.