hi,I'm using a dynamic photogallery in my project.Now i'm having problems with xml updation.The xml file which is being used by the flash is dynamically updated with data from a table that each time xml is changed.But the problem is flash is not using the updated xml file.It uses the first loaded xml file.Please help me..Anyway thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

In that case, once the you know that the xml has been updated, perhaps you should reload and reparse the xml file.

Cheers for now,
Jas.

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

Hi ajijacobm,

You can call the xml loading method using a timer. Call the function frequently within 5 seconds to 10 seconds. It will update you the code always.

Hi ajijacobm,

You can call the xml loading method using a timer. Call the function frequently within 5 seconds to 10 seconds. It will update you the code always.

Good point Raja,
My suggestion only applies if the swf modifies the xml. If you know that the swf has updated the xml, then you can reload the xml there and then. But if the xml file is updated externally (by something other than the swf) then using a timer to reload the xml would be a good option!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.