Hi,

I have a website with a flash intro, after the flash intro finishes playing it shows a button within flash to enter the website. since we were changing the link to the enter page while testing, we asked the flash developer to give us an easy way to change where the button links to.

so he created a txt file where he put this text inside:

home=http://www.mysite.com/home.aspx

and we should be able to change home to reflect the page we want to show.

this worked fine on the localhost. but when uploaded to the server it didn't work correctly and instead it was linking to an "undefined" page like this: http://www.mysite.com/undefined and of course showing page not found error.

i want to mention also that the flash file is located in a subfolder with the txt file and the page we link to is on an upper level. we tried relative and full path, both worked on localhost but not on hosting server.

any ideas?
i appreciate your time.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

no one knows? :)

If you found solution, would you mind to share it with others? In doing so you may help somebody in the future...

EDIT:
I found you made another post and I merged them

If you found solution, would you mind to share it with others? In doing so you may help somebody in the future...

i'm sorry i still didn't find a solution! i'm using the normal linking way.

EDIT:
I found you made another post and I merged them

yea thanks the reason i created another one was because i wanted to remove the poll and i didn't know how to! but now its back again heheh you can delete the poll if you want.

Is the mysite.com your website?
The server you uploaded flash file is IIS or Apache?
If Apache did you make necessary configuration to support ASP?
The mysite.com has URL address masking which may conflict with your direct request for "aspx" document, was the flash designer aware of it?
Lastly it would be worth to have inside view on flash source file "fla" to check on the coding

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.