Hi all,

I'm looking for a flash video player tutorial / open source .fla file with simple features e.g. buffering progress, play/pause, stop & scollbar.

I also need to be able to dynamically load the video file either using a GET method from the address bar or by using PHP to change the parameters of the flash file inside the source code of the file.

Thanks in advance :)

Max

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

anybody? :P

.. that will be farrrr to vague. iv looked a lot into this already and havnt got anywhere. anyway if anybody is in the same boat and is looking for some kind of server-side video to .fla converter and flash video player try going here for the serverside converter:

http://www.encoding.com

Unfortunately you did not provided in depth explanation of the problem. That was the reason for general reading...

Hi all,

I'm looking for a flash video player tutorial / open source .fla file with simple features e.g. buffering progress, play/pause, stop & scollbar.

I also need to be able to dynamically load the video file either using a GET method from the address bar or by using PHP to change the parameters of the flash file inside the source code of the file.

Max

Though its late , hope this helps you all.

http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?page=4&cid=4E1D8
http://www.weberdesignlabs.com/blog/?p=7

Thanks
mahiathira

Flash Toolkit is a cool website for Flash things

Hi all,

Max

I think your problem has been described clear enough. To make such a flash video player, you need to have knowledge and experience on Adobe Flash and ActionScritpt. Hope this site for and will help you.

What the hell is you administrator doing?
You are just deleting my links in my post, though the link is the solution to the thread.

It's also promotion of your own software, which is against the rules of the forums.

Promotion? Can you tell me what is promotion?
I won't answer questoin with irrelated solution. The man asked for help, I answered him, and my answer is highly relative to his question. If this is promotion, don't tell others to answer this question, because all their answers are promotion. What a fun!

Keep It Spam-Free rules states

Do not spam, advertise, plug your website, or engage in any other type of self promotion. To encourage open, unbiased (incentive-free) discussion, it is prohibited to refer to sites you own or are affiliated with outside of the Business Exchange category.

So if you wanted to help the OP you should explain it in your post instead of plug-in link to your webie.

Would be there anything else you want to clear about forum rules?

How do you judge a link whether it is a business link or nonbusiness link?
Can you tell me which website is for business and which is not for business?
Not all, but almost most websites are for business. Adobe is for business, Microsoft is for business...
If the link is a good solution to the question, there is no reason for you to delete it.
Just to obey the forum's rule but delete useful solution to the question (thread), then the rule is bull shit.

You can disagree with the rule all that you like - it's still a rule that you must adhere in your postings.

Business = you are selling something or advertising something.

But I do not think it is right to disqualify a site because the internet hosting provider forces its own ad on the site.

I still think there is something wrong with the forum's rule.
It is about fair play. You administrator allows link of Adobe, Microsoft, JW...but reject links of some other excellent but so far less popular companies. It is not fair. You should let the customers to judge which company's product is better, which is worse, but not judge by yourself.

These rules are in place to stop any "clever" poster putting quickly together "tutorial", post it on his/her web site/blog and then simply link it from daniweb. In doing so you are killing discussion as people in general would not discuss any issues with your solution, beside that you redirecting from daniweb and in many cases it is to increasing traffic to your place (one of the common things)

These rules are in place to stop any "clever" poster putting quickly together "tutorial", post it on his/her web site/blog and then simply link it from daniweb. In doing so you are killing discussion as people in general would not discuss any issues with your solution, beside that you redirecting from daniweb and in many cases it is to increasing traffic to your place (one of the common things)

1. I was replying thread with my own solution, not just simply posting advertisement "tutorial", so I'm not deserved to be punished by the rule.
2. If I answered the question with my solution, and "people in general would not discuss any issues with your solution", and if this is called "killing discussion", then a lot of people in this thread were killing discussion, for their answers were also answerd by no one.
3. I answer the thread, and this is called "join discussion", not "killing discussion".

Stop barking at the wrong three. The rule is clear you are not allowed to post any links to website that are yours or you are affiliated .

If you not happy with my and Ezzaral decision plus explanation of rules, you are more then welcome to take it to administrators cscgal and happygeek or super mod Narue

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.