We have a funny problem

In a PHP page we have used following code:

onmouseover="window.status='hello'"

I runned the page on two diffrenet machines both runnig win XP and both with the same IE version (6.0.29).
In my surprise, on one of them, there is no status bar. But on the other one the status bar is working and the 'hello' message is shown properly.
What could be the reason?
What can we do to solve the problem?

P.S Both of them have the same screen resolution 1024*768.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Well, go to "view" menu, and click in "status bar" ;)

Well, go to "view" menu, and click in "status bar" ;)

What a good Idea :O
I will hire one jilion fellows to send them within each page to each of clients to do that for us.

This is a programming problem.

ooooooook.. look: you can't control if the status bar is shown in internet explorer or not in an already displayed window, BUT, if you reeally need that status bar you can open a popup,(window.open) this will allow you define parameters of the popup to create, one of those parameters is to show the status bar or not.

Now, what you I would do if opening a popup is out of the question is to create a div imitating status bar behaivor.

So, directly answering your two questions:
What could be the reason?
The reason is the status bar appareance is defined by the client.
What can we do to solve the problem?
Create your own status bar or open a popup.

Have fun!

Member Avatar for Electrohead

What a good Idea :O
I will hire one jilion fellows to send them within each page to each of clients to do that for us.

This is a programming problem.

not sure i like your attitude too much mate...

as a matter of fact, goro is absolutely correct. put simply, if you can see it one one of your computers, there is either an error with the other, or the status bar is disabled through the view window...

you don't have to be so hostile to those who are trying to help! :(

anyway, i hope you get the problem sorted

cheers

not sure i like your attitude too much mate...

as a matter of fact, goro is absolutely correct. put simply, if you can see it one one of your computers, there is either an error with the other, or the status bar is disabled through the view window...

you don't have to be so hostile to those who are trying to help! :(

anyway, i hope you get the problem sorted

cheers

sorry, but one part of it comes because of my bad English ( I'm persian) and the other one is the damn job I have. A full time programmer can make any human being go nuts sometimes.
The problem is solved, thanks anyway and I'm sorry again.

Member Avatar for Electrohead

OK, no problem mate ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.