I use Hotdog as an editor, and I've used the "Justify" alignment tags around type, but nothing happens. In otherwords, I'm not sure the tags work period. Most everyone still uses flush left, which is fine, but there are some things I'd like justified in my work. Can anyone tell me what the scoop is on this.
Thanks, BuddyB

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You can just add a style attribute to your <p> tag like this:

<p style="text-align: justify"> Text here </p>

That will justify your paragraph. Let me know if you need more help.

you can also use left/right/center instead of justify.

The way I usderstand it, he would like both the right and left edges to be justified. Left leaves the the right side unjustified, right leaves the left side unjustified and center leaves both unjustified. The justified attribute will make both edges "smooth" or justified.

you can also use left/right/center instead of justify.

yeah I was just increasing his general knowledge of css ;)

What a great place to hang out :cheesy: . Jason, thanks for that input. I was fiddling around and discovered the <DIV></DIV> tag works the same way. I say fiddling, what really happened was I was sending email justified and looked at the source. This is the way OE does it. So, now I know there's more than one way to skin that proverbial cat. I want you to know I really appreciate you guys, this has been one of the most helpful places I've ever subscribed to.
BuddyB

I should have looked at your previous posts in other CSS realted threads... Just thought you were confused... Sorry... :o

yeah I was just increasing his general knowledge of css ;)

No Problem. Just a little bit of advice... It you are creating a paragraph use the <p></p> tags, it will degrade better than div tags in older browsers. Save <div></div> for containers. Take it for what it is worth... :)

What a great place to hang out :cheesy: . Jason, thanks for that input. I was fiddling around and discovered the <DIV></DIV> tag works the same way. I say fiddling, what really happened was I was sending email justified and looked at the source. This is the way OE does it. So, now I know there's more than one way to skin that proverbial cat. I want you to know I really appreciate you guys, this has been one of the most helpful places I've ever subscribed to.
BuddyB

I should have looked at your previous posts in other CSS realted threads... Just thought you were confused... Sorry... :o

lol what can I say? my favourite passtime... :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.