Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jakesee

Can't see any chinese on jttech.com.hk.

Have you used the correct language metas?

Even when you choose ?? (lang option) on the sandbox, the pages are still in English. I switched encoding on my browser to Chinese, but no change.

Ensure that you have saved as UTF-8 format in Notepad++. I think the default is ANSI. This is *probably* your problem.

Edited by diafol: n/a

Thanks ardav,

I just removed the language selector from jttech.com.hk that's why you did not see it. Because it was a live website, I later thought could not just leave it half done and so I removed it.

The problem remains -- I set UTF-8 encondiing on Notepad++ already...

On sandbox.desk.vuox.com if you click ?? on the language, it will show the chinese version. The chinese text is in ??????????????????.
The rest are still in english.

I also notice that if I start with an ANSI file > convert it to UTF-8 > append the same chunk of existing html to the same file by manual typing in (not copy + paste), the two chunk of idenitcal code will appear different in the brower. I will investigate this further...

In the meantime, other the UTF-8 encoding, is there any other possibility?

Edited by jakesee: n/a

I have solved the problem myself.

The reason is because there is another flavour of UTF-8 encoding which includes BOM (whatever that is) which adds extra byte information which will confuse the web browser and cause layout/display/text problems.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.