Can someone tell me why it might be that my Title 1 and Title 2 wrap in the table? This is a snippet of 130 titles, some are long, some are short. I want the title block to be a fixed length and nicely formatted. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

<html> <head> <title>PROJECT LISTING OF THINGS</title></head>
<body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" background="../images/backgroundMC.gif" vlink="#0000FF"alink="#0000FF">
<table border="0" width="100%">  <tr> <td width="100%"><p align="center"><font face="Arial" color="#000080"><big><big><strong>PROJECT LISTING</strong></big></big></font></td>
<tr><td width="100%"><p align="center"><font face="Arial" color="#000080"><strong>for</strong></font></td></tr>
<tr> <td width="100%"><p align="center"><font face="Arial" size="7" color="#000080"><strong>AFRICA</strong></font></td></table>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td width="100%"><p align="center"><strong><small><font face="Arial">For a copy of any documents listed below, please </font>
<font face="Arial" color="#0000FF"><a href="../Security_Notice.htm" style="font-family: Arial">read the security notice and follow the links</a></font><font face="Arial"> to contact me</font></small></strong></td> </tr></table>
<div align="center"><center> <table border="1" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" height="1300"> </tr>
<tr> <td width="15%" align="center" bgcolor="#C0C0C0" height="44"><font face="Arial" color="#0000FF"><small><strong>PROJECT</strong></small></font></td>
 <td width="15%" align="center" bgcolor="#C0C0C0" height="44"><font face="Arial" color="#0000FF"><small><strong>TYPE CRITERIA</strong></small></font></td>
<td width="45%" align="center" bgcolor="#C0C0C0" height="44"><font face="Arial" color="#0000FF"><small><strong>CRITIERIA TITLE</strong></small></font></td> 
<td width="15%" align="center" bgcolor="#C0C0C0" height="44"><font face="Arial" color="#0000FF"><small><strong>DATE ISSUED</strong></small></font></td></tr>

<tr> <td WIDTH="15%" VALIGN="BOTTOM" ALIGN = "CENTER"><font face="Arial"><small><strong>WHERE 1</strong></small></font></td> 
<td WIDTH="15%" VALIGN="BOTTOM" ALIGN = "LEFT"><font face="Arial"><small><strong>Facsimile</strong></small></font></td> 
<td WIDTH="45" VALIGN="BOTTOM" ALIGN = "LEFT" height="44"><font face="Arial"><small><strong>Title 1</strong></small></font></td>
<td WIDTH="15%" VALIGN="BOTTOM" ALIGN = "CENTER"><font face="Arial"><small><strong>2/16/1999</strong></small></font></td></tr>

<tr> <td WIDTH="15%" VALIGN="BOTTOM" ALIGN = "CENTER"><font face="Arial"><small><strong>WHERE 2</strong></small></font></td> 
<td WIDTH="15%" VALIGN="BOTTOM" ALIGN = "LEFT"><font face="Arial"><small><strong>Report</strong></small></font></td> 
<td WIDTH="45" VALIGN="BOTTOM" ALIGN = "LEFT" height="44"><font face="Arial"><small><strong>Title 2</strong></small></font></td>
<td WIDTH="15%" VALIGN="BOTTOM" ALIGN = "CENTER"><font face="Arial"><small><strong>4/19/1999</strong></small></font></td></tr>

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,
you have a fixed width of 45 in your cell. cellpadding is set to 3, so the available width remaining for the content of the cell is actually 39. I believe you can use the nowrap and the overflow options to manage the wrap, but the title is not displayed completely.

I removed the width requirement and works fine now. Many thanks. TR

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.