What HTML tag can i make use of inorder to make a text blink.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Blinking is generally a bad idea. You'll drive people away very rapidly.

Blinking is generally a bad idea. You'll drive people away very rapidly.

thanks for your advice.

Plus it isnt supported by most new browsers. Older versions of netscape supported it (not too sure now though).

Any way, just for interest sake. The tag is,
[blink][/blink]

It is not a good idea to make text blink. It can cause epileptic seizures. I have seen this happen.

It is not a good idea to use nonstandard tags or features.

you can give this:
style="text-decoration:blink"

this works in only firefox not in ie...

If you must make blinking text make a gif and display the image. use the FIR method to hide the text.

hi
first write this code between head tag and try it

<script type="text/javascript">
var i
function glow()
{
i=0
interval=setInterval("makeglow()",10)
}

function back()	
{
clearInterval(interval)
document.getElementById('myHeader').style.filter=false
}

function makeglow()
{
i++
if (i<5)
{
document.getElementById('myHeader').style.filter="glow(strength=" + i + ")"
}
else if (window.interval)
{
clearInterval(interval)
}
}
</script>

and write this code after body tag in your html code

<h3 id="myHeader" onMouseOver="glow()" onMouseOut="back()" style="cursor:hand">Srees</h3>

this code work firefox and IE also

I would steer clear of blinking text if it causes seizures but if you must have blinking text I would put a warning up for people with seizures so we will navigate elsewhere to prevent seizures.

I would steer clear of blinking text if it causes seizures but if you must have blinking text I would put a warning up for people with seizures so we will navigate elsewhere to prevent seizures.

This is a greatly exaggerated threat, as a little research will quickly show:
"As far as I'm aware, there has never been a reported case of photosensitive epilepsy caused by web content ..."
http://juicystudio.com/article/photosensitive-epilepsy.php#andtheweb
The fact is that blinking is both distracting and annoying. Why would you want to distract and annoy your visitors?
Blinking is kinda' like Flash:just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Don't quote me quote midimagic I was just adding onto that because I do have seizures and I do know photosensitive seizures can happen on the web.

I have seen it happen in two different people.

What HTML tag can i make use of inorder to make a text blink.
Thanks

If you truly want to use blinking text I would use photoshop to create a .gif,
here is a tutorial you could follow.
http://www.webdesign.org/web/photoshop/imageready-animation/neon-blinking-text-effect.10108.html

However unless your page is a "myspace" page I would follow everyone's advice and stay away from blinking objects. If you seriously cant resist the blinking objects then find some advertisments to place on your page that use .gif banner ads. at least you'll have a chance of making some money out of it.

good luck. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.